Chapter 3 -υиρяє∂ι¢тαвℓє-

[Warning- This chapter contains trigger elements. Things such as self harm, and slight graphic depictions of gore can be found. Discretion is advised.]

<><><><><>

    The creaking of doors filled the room and Alessia instictually rose. White light spilled into the room, as the Queen stepped in. Alessia saw her sister, still seated, in the corner of her eye. With a harsh kick Alessia sent her sister flying to her feet. As the Queen passed by, everyone bowed, including Alessia and Aubrey as the Queen took a seat in her throne next to them. Alessia watched as she sat, perched on the end of her seat, and Alessia was sure she had never seen her mothers back touch a chair. She wore an elegant red dress, with silver accents. Her waist was complimented by the corset she wore underneath. Her black hair tied back, looking both professional and beautiful. Her gracious green eyes scanned the room inquisitivley.

   At the Queen's signal the room sat down and the meeting of the court began. Aubrey dropped down in her seat with a yawn, in the most un-princessly way possible. Her hair also black much like her mothers, although her eyes had come from her father, making them a bright, curious brown. Another thing she had taken from their father, Alessia noticed, was her soft rounded facial structure, in contrast to her mother's sharp features that Alessia had inherated. Both of the princesses were know to be pretty but their mother was the defintion of gorgeous.

    The Queen sent the meeting into order, calling the first speaker to the podium. A tall, lean man stepped up, he had long dark hair and brooding hazel eyes. An ambassador from the Aror Mountain Village. He held in front of him some notes written on sheep skin, in writing too messy to possibly read, especially from Alessia's distance. With a quick signal from Alessia's mother he began to speak.

"Your Majesty, Queen Chári, I come to you with unfortunate news from the Aror Mountains," He began in a gruff voice, "The sickness has been spreading rapidly, claiming many lives and we still have yet to find either a cure or the cause of it's quick growth."

    Chári looked off for a moment, as if she was pondering something. With a low hum and a tap on her chin she looked back down at them with a spark in her eyes.

    "In all honesty I haven't had very much time to ponder this with all of the problems plaguing my mind, but I believe one of my daughters may know some sort of solution to the problem at hand." The Queen smiled looking at Alessia with a caring warmth in her eyes. All eyes in the room landed on her immediately, knowing that her sister wouldn't have taken a moment from her day dreaming to thing of an answer.

   "I-I ummm, believe that I m-might have something..." She said mentally kicking herself for stuttering. "The only way I have found that the sickness could have spready so rapidly is through, not the infected, but through something else, something much more common. The crops are watered by the Aror Springs yes? We should begin to water them with water from the western river valley. It will take longer and be more expensive but it would be only a temporary solution. Onto the Aror Springs, it has now reached a hunting season for both the animals and the people or Ariora and many animals shot from long distance aren't recovered. I believe there is a build up of animals somehow in the water, and their rotting corpses are infecting the water. If this is the case we will need to extract the bodies immediately and give the water a set amount of time to recover. That's all I have." 

    Everyone in the room seemed amazed, the princess who hasn't even reached the age of 18 was capable of solving a problem that even her mother, one of the most renoun Queens in history, had yet to figure out. Her plan was logical and with a few kinks worked out it was to be set into action. The people were once again assured that their future Queen was qualified for her role, providing them with a sense of admiration and security. They looked onto her as their soon-to-be leader and thus came the pressure to do as well as she possibly could without exhausing herself too much.