Chapter Ten

Stanford's POV

"D-dipper?" Mabel's voice could be heard though it was quieter than normal.

"What?" Dipper hadn't noticed Bill yet.

"Nothing! Just keep up the hard work... Dipper." Bill's words caused Dipper to freeze his work in the journal I had given him.

My great nephew's head jerked around; his eyes landed on Mabel before they settled on Bill's lithe form.

Dipper was obviously confused and scared. Bill was floating right in front of him. I had never told Dipper about demons before. I was planning on covering it a little while before Bill came to take him back. But Bill was back before he had planned!

A cold sweat ran down my neck. He was going to take Dipper away. I'd probably never see him again and he'd know I lied to him about who he was.

I glanced at my brother who looked furious. Almost as if he was prepared to jump up at that moment and punch Bill in his demon face.

"Not now Stanley! I'll explain everything later. Just wait for my signal." I whispered to my brother, hoping he would follow my instructions.

"Wh-who are you? What are you doing here?" I heard Dipper's adolescent voice and turned back to him.

"No hello, how's it's going, or good afternoon? Yeesh kid! But anyways, the name's Bill! Bill Cipher. And I've come to take you home." Bill extended his deal making hand. My face flushed.

"What do you mean? I am home. I've lived here my entire life." While Dipper may have said this, I could see the gears working in his head. Plus he was running his forefinger over the corner of his own journal. Something he did when he was nervous or trying to sort out information.

Dang it, Dipper! You're too smart for you own good!

He was gonna figure something was up sooner or later. I had raised him that way.

A little voice inside my head rang out. That's right. You raised him. Not Bill.

But... he was Bill's brother. I can't keep him here forever.

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot. You still think your human. Newsflash! Your nothing of the sort! And you don't belong here." Bill's voice rang out as if clarifying my thoughts in a final decision.

I clenched my right hand into a fist before slamming it onto a nearby log. This is the right thing to do. We made a deal....

I released a breath and ignored my brother's horrified gaze. Rising to my feet, I unclenched my hand.

I somehow gathered the courage to force my legs to bring myself into the clearing.

"Sixer! Guess What! I came back early. HA HA HA HA HA!!" A face splitting grin was on the Dream demon' s face.

"Gruncle Ford! Tell me what's going on!" Dipper exclaimed.

"Yes! I'm confused. I don't know what's going on. What the heck is this guy!?" Mabel piped up after her long silence.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Stanley enter the clearing as well. He took his place beside Mabel and she clung to his arm.

"Dipper... he's telling the truth." My eyes began to water with tears I didn't know I had.

Dipper replied weakly, "What..?"