Past 1#

Well that is true, they are dead but it is not this that makes it special.

Let me start at the beginning.

It was on an average Tuesday, the disaster.

After eating breakfast I had returned to my place on the stairs to watch another rerun of Black Butler when the front door was knocked upon.

Just a simple knock, yet deadly enough to change my life forever.

I could almost hear the tension. The whole house seemed to freeze.

As though something was about to happen. Something.big.

I heard the footfalls of my dear mother as she trudged toward the front door, key at the ready.

The simplicity of the movement did nothing to.ease the looming presence of fear.

Slithering into my very being.

Father sauntered over, in his usual bulky way. There was murmuring going on between them til father eventually gave up.

I looked down, confused.

Mother then proceeded to gracefully unlock the pale cracked door, however seeming too scared to push it open.

She took a deep breath.

For a while nothing happened.

Everything froze.

I started to feel the impatient nature of well... everybody.

Then she moved. Viciously throwing the door open as though it was cursed.

She screamed in horror before she was engulfed in flames.

I watched in horrified fascination.

The way the fire licked and twisted. Curling Into letters.

Father was quick to react stepping forward, water appearing in his hands. This was pointless.

Upon further inspection, I noticed a second person in the doorway, ice at the ready.

Within a split second, the ice was flung straight at my father. Landing directly on the water.

Father screamed as he stared helplessly at the flames attacking mother's body, the ice seemed to be growing.

I had frozen, the smell of burning having finally reached me.