Kyle

Kyle feels a million miles away as they lead him into the room, sit him down in front of the computer. All he can think about is Adam, lying there on the floor, blood running out of his nose, his mouth. Wheezing as he tried to breathe through a punctured lung.

"You're letting Kyle go to jail for this!" Adam screams, "And you told him to do it, didn't you?"

Kyle focuses on the video in front of him.

"Kyle will be fine."

"No, how's he going to be fine? Huh?"

"Just stay the hell out of it!"

"No, I won't! I won't stay out of it!"

"Stay out of it!"

Kyle knows that Adam knows better than to just keep badgering their dad. But he doesn't stop.

"You know what the worst part is? He believes that your BS is actually helping him! And now what? You're just gonna let him go down for it?"

Mr. Turner's voice gets calm. Dangerous.

"Just keep talking..."

Stop. Adam stop. Kyle knows what's coming. He doesn't want to watch. He wants Adam to shut up. You know better.

"I'm not afraid of you!"

Their dad turns around and starts to walk out.

"You're a coward!" Adam shoves him, and immediately, Mr. Turner turns around and grabs Adam's shirt. Adam struggles. He knew this would come. This was the whole point. But he still struggles, and Kyle can see how afraid he his. He knows what's coming will be bad.

"What did you call me?"

Kyle closes his eyes but he still hears the punch, then the crash as his brother falls.

"Who's the coward now?" He screams. Kyle opens his eyes just in time to see his dad lift a foot and stomp on Adam. One. Adam yells. Two. Mom comes in and screams. Three. Kyle hears a crunch, probably Adam's nose. Four. They shut the computer.

That's all.

Kyle hears Adam, what he said right before they put him into the ambulance.

Don't protect him anymore. He doesn't deserve it.

Looking up slowly from where the screen just was, Kyle whispers, "Adam was right."