Chapter One

WENDY

The crowds roar as the seven boys danced to the music passionately and here I am watching, but my eyes were only following one guy and that was Mark. As I watch him swiftly dancing to the music, I admired each and every sharp movement that made him stand out. He had caught the crowd's attention by just dancing, by just doing unbelievable stunts and just by fiercely looking into their eyes and yet I am here, just watching from the backstage but he has already gained my attention.. And not to mention, my admiration.

Don't get me wrong. The others performed well but in my opinion, he stood out the most.

Speaking of which, the fact that he's in a group that symbolizes not just talent but also friendship makes me wonder why he shuts everyone out except them. No, I am absolutely not complaining, but I want to know the reason why. Wait.

Is that just what I want to know?

After days of my eyes uncontrollably following him around, watching every action he does, from his eating manners in the cafeteria to his behavior during class discussions. Call me a stalker but my curiosity mostly gets the best of me and I honestly just realized I was being a creep just now.

Their performance ended smoothly with their ending routine, the audiences wildly cheered. The group waved goodbyes as the audience. Mark, as usual, did not smile but actually looked calmer than he was yesterday. Yesterday was the day where I got to spend most of my day with him yet I just pushed him to his limits and I still hadn't apologized for accidentally finishing his banana milk. When they all went backstage, Irene tapped on my shoulder, signalling me that it was our turn to perform.

I turned to her and she handed me my microphone. I forced a smile and uttered thanks. I bit my lower lip as the emcee called out for our group name and the crowd goes wild once again. There anxiety started to attack, but my smile says otherwise.

We went in front and did our greeting. We performed our self composed song, Automatic. I sang with passion as I admit that dancing isn't really my thing, though I try. As we go on, we gather more and more energy from the crowd which made my anxiety lose from trying to make me mess up. Next up, we performed another self-composed song, Be Natural. 

As we finish with big smiles on our faces after the fierce concept we had showed, the crowd cheered louder than we had heard during our performance. The lights went off and we immediately stood up from the black chairs we had used for our dance routine of Be Natural.

GOT7 appeared in front of us as soon as we returned to the backstage, they were watching from screen as the make up artists remove the cosmetics added to their faces, intended to enhance their undeniably good looks and as soon as they noticed our presence they cheered loud.

"Another successful performance from all of us!" Jaebum shouted loud and everyone else cheered with him. And recently, I have been infected by the Mark Tuan virus although I am yet to be at the stage where I can't smile. I glanced at Mark and unexpectedly, he seemed to observe me before I could do so to him our eyes met, his expression told me everything. He knew I was silently mocking his behavior. 

"We should do another collab like we did before!" Jinyoung suggested

"Why not, right?" Irene said. After talking about other upcoming school performances and events, we headed back to our dressing rooms and changed into our casual clothes. Then it just hit me- Tomorrow's the solo performance! In my deep thought, the members must've been bothered by my odd silence which made them question me.

"I'm okay. I was just thinking of something," I assured, though they were not convinced, they did not push me to say something else. I pursed my lips as I avoided eye contact. Fortunately Irene, Yeri and Joy went out to watch the other performances by our fellow performers, while Seulgi and I excused ourselves. She sat beside me, though she did not utter a single word, I could sense her desire to be enlightened.

"Why?" I asked

"You've been all about Mark since the day you've met him and I noticed how alike you've become with each other," she explained and I raised my eyebrow. I let her continue, "I once assumed that both of you are a thing in secret but he seemed to be not interested with you."

"Ah," that was all that I could respond as it slowly sunk in. Seulgi's actually right with how he seems to be uninterested with my presence, I honestly expect nothing like that though, my mind suddenly told me how nice would that be. But then, I have assured him that I understand his condition and he wants to distance himself for it, so I shouldn't question anything any further.

"He's hard to befriend with and Jaebum told me Mark thinks that it will be hard for a friend to understand him," Seulgi informed then asked, "Would you like to have him in your contacts?"

With that, I could feel the stars in my eyes sparkle and my frown turned to a smile. I immediately nodded and she smiled at my reaction. She reached out for her phone and so did I. She sent me his phone number and I, excitedly saved it.

"Don't tell him you got his number from me, it took me awhile to get it from Jaebum," Seulgi said and winked- a fail wink. "Still can't wink right?" I teased and winked. She playfully rolled her eyes and stood up from her chair. "I'll be joining the rest," she informed and I just nodded.

She left the room and I had the chance to glance at my phone. I pursed my lips as I began to feel nervous, the ideas of starting a conversation would just be typed but later then erased after thinking of a better one and the cycle repeats until I realized I was acting incredibly stupid. Will he even reply though? I took a deep breath and typed the first word that comes into my mind.

"Hello."

I rolled my eyes, frustrated at how my stupidity could get the best of me. Like really? How plain. How smart. I put my phone on my stomach and I faced the ceiling, hoping he won't question my stupidity like I'm doing right now. I could've done a better way of starting a conversation. That was honestly so lame.

My phone vibrated and my hands swiftly took off to grab my phone as I face it to myself. He replied fast! 

'Who are you?'

I started to think of a sarcastic-but-fun way to reply. 

"I am your father."

I know it's a geeky way but I need to know if he likes Star Wars as much as I do! I bit my lower lip as I nervously waited for a positive reply, then he finally replied!

'May the Fourth be with you then :)'

I immediately smiled when I realized that it's May 4, it sunk in that he made a pun! With a smiley face too. Wait, is this really Mark? I sighed and typed.

"Is this Mark Tuan from section A?"

I stood up and began to uncontrollably pace back and forth. I realized that I was smiling the whole time. I've decided to remain anonymous if I were to continue sending him text messages until he finds out himself, or if it's time to let him know. After being in a deep thought, my phone finally vibrated and his reply made me the happiest of all.

'The one and only.'