Max:47

Max

I don't dwell on the fact that my hands have aged though, I look at the envelop in my shaky hands and then I flip it over to open it.

My Dearest Max,

If you are reading this, then you should know that I am not of this world anymore, but I did hold your hand everyday. 

I love you with all my heart, don't cry for me, I don't want you to dwell on the fact that I am gone; but know that I spent every waking hour by your side, and Sam visited you too.

You've been asleep Max, for almost twenty-two years, and in those times I've cried, prayed and wished for a miracle, and I know that if you're reading this, that it did come true; maybe not in the way I may have intended, but at least you are here, you can be here for Sam when I am gone.

Sam is almost twenty-two  now and I know it must really pain you to not watch him grow up, but just know, that he visited you as well, he may not have known you the way either of you had wanted but at least you were still here, breathing and alive; that kept us both going. Sam always told me that he would save you, and he always had faith that you would wake up; I loved that about him, he was so brave and he always gave me more hope that you would wake up. 

We stayed by you in the hard times, when I had to work many hours but he kept a smile on his face and so did I, we would look at you as well Max, and we'd smile, knowing that you would wake up, because we'd never give up; you always taught me that.

I'm sorry this is so short Max, but know that I'll always love you and I'll keep fighting until I can't anymore; for you and for Sam.

I love you so very much Max.

Love Torri.

ps. i miss you.

I start to cry. Victoria is gone.