Chapter 69

Anju's POV.

"Mummy I am leaving for my tutions. I will pick up Dabbo from his friend's house on my way back." Prema yelled from the door on her way out.

"Be careful! Don't drive your scooty too fast-" I started to say.

"Yeah Yeah Yeah Mummy." She said in a sing song tone as the door banged shut behind her.

I frowned at the door. When will these children learn to be more responsible?

My thoughts go to the conversation I had with Varsha earlier in the day when I had visited the Mehrotra house. She was not too upset that the alliance between Suvarna and her cousin did not seem possible. She had laughed it off that though she would have loved if it would have happened but if they are not meant to be, then no point in thinking too hard about it.

It was a big relief for me but my worry was what she had said jokingly after that. "You never know Mamiji, our Shishir may fall for his best friend and maybe sweep her off her feet!"

Supposing that is true? After all Suvarna has been in London for far longer than she was supposed to be. And this Europe tour. Shishir is without a doubt paying for all her expense.

Shishir is a good boy, I am genuinely fond of him, but will he be right for Suvarna? When he had left for London, he had not bothered to stay in touch with Suvarna.

Suvarna may not have ever voiced her sadness but it was easy to see how hurt and disappointed she was.

How can that person be trusted not to break her heart again? Moreover with his parents separated does he have any regard for the institution of marriage?

Maybe my thoughts are baseless and there is nothing going on between him and Suvarna, but what if there is?

The Mehrotra's are a rich and well placed family, they will have nothing to lose but we will have to face all the flak of society if something untoward happens.

Everyone will point fingers at our family, especially at me, saying I did not bother about my orphaned niece. I also have to think about my daughter Prema. If Suvarna get's into a bad marriage then it will not be easy for getting a good alliance for her.

No. I cannot take any chances. I will have to make sure that nothing like this happens. Varsha may have said it jokingly but Kamya, her mother in law will not take this lightly.

I have been hoping that a good alliance comes for my daughter through that family. If Paresh takes interest in my daughter it will a dream come true for me. Even if it is not Paresh they have many rich relatives, who could be considered as a good match for Prema.

I had tried for Suvarna too, but with Rahul backing out there is not much I can do.

But I will make sure nothing happens between Suvarna and Shishir. It may not last in the first place and then even if it does, it could minimize the chances for Prema to get a good rich match from their family or friends circle.

No, I will have to talk to Suvarna and ensure she nurtures no such dreams.

Raghnath's POV.

I eyed the green ball in front of me and frowned. Who would have thought a cabbage looked like this when whole?

Why does it look shredded when it is served to eat? Maybe once it is put to cook it shreds on it's own?

I had managed to get Charles to chop the vegetables for me and shape the Momos-

I groaned thinking about that disaster. Charles had said before leaving the dumplings have to be steamed and I had thought I was doing the right thing by placing them in pressure cooker.