It Started With A Phonecall

Chapter 1

Just another day at school, thats what I thought it would be. How right I was.

I wasn't popular at all but I wasn't unpopular, I was just kind of average, in the middle of the social ladder. I had been there all the way from playschool to high school.

I was only in the middle because my best friend who was the most popular girl in the school let me. be there she kept insisting I could be popular and get a boyfriend but I just told Laney I was fine being half popular, I did eat with the popular kids though as Laney insisted I did and wouldn't let me sit any where else. She kept telling me I was pretty and I could have any boy I just took it as a compliment and said that was impossible.

I considered myself OK looking and I suppose thats what I was. I had waist length chesnut brown curly hair and green eyes with an hourglass figure. But I wasn't Laney pretty she had an hourglass figure and honey blonde hair with blue eyes she was absolutely drop dead gorgeous and boys fell at her feet. Even the teachers loved her as she had A's in every subject she didn't even study she just could get them. A lot of the nerds hated her because she was top of the class but she just laughed it off.

If anyone uttered a word against her they would be likely to be moving high school within a week or in hospital.

Laney greeted me at the gate and people looked on in jealousy, everyone wanted to be her best friend but that was me. "So Lula, theres a party tonight a Blake's, do you want to go?"

This happened every week and every week I decline the invite. It was because I wasn't a party person I prefered staying at home watching Friday night telly and doing some homework so I was free the next day to go to Laney's and get her out of bed give her a water and some asprin.

I went in quietly and left quickly as I didn't want to know who was in there or how many clothes they were wearing. This kind of information I got anyway because Laney normally gave me all the details, lets just say I know a lot more about most of the boys in our school than I would like to. I cringed at the thought. Laney knew it was me as her parents had given me a spare key so I.could go round whenever I wanted to.

"No Laney, sorry"

"Kay." She sighed "You know I think you would really enjoy it though! Your coming to my birthday party though?"

"Course I am Lane I wouldn't miss my best friends birthday for anything! It is in 6 months though"

"I need to book you early you know" She grinned at me and then pulled me into a hug when she realesed me she linked my arm through hers and we walked to home room together laughing and chatting about nothing in particular.

......................................................................................................................................................................................

The rest of the day past without anything intresting happening. When I got home I threw my bag diwn on the sofa and looked around the room a picture caught my eye, it was me, my Mum and my Dad we were all laughing and hugging each other. I stared at it for a few minutes before sighing. It was hard to think that they cared about me once.

Suddenly my stomach growled and I realised I hadn't had anything since breakfast and that was about 8 hours ago. I wandered into my kitchen taking in my surroundings they were exactly as they were when my parents left last. They were going to Europe for 6 months, it had been 1 month already and I couldn't say I was missing them. I hadn't really noticed it to be honest.

Doesn't time fly when your having fun I thought sarcasticly.

They did send me money each month to live on so the had to care about me at least a little bit.

I only spoke to Laney about my parents, she knew all my secrets and I knew all her secrets like how she lost her virginity as a freshman to the most popular boy in the school Tyler Marshell. From that day on I have been scared by Laney's vivid descriptions.

I looked at the homework and decided to put it off. I hardly ever do that so I decided I should have a nice friday night by curling up on the sofa with a bowl of popcorn.

While the popcorn was cooking I decided to choose a movie. I walked over to the movie collection I tried to choose between 'The Inbetweeners Movie' and 'Bridesmaids'. In the end I choose 'The Inbetweeners Movie' cause I heard that it was really good. I went upstairs to change into my pajamas the consisted of some short shorts and a tank top.

I heard the beep signaling the popcorn was done. I ran downstairs before I could set anything on fire.

I just sat down to watch the beginning credits when "You're insecure, don't know what for, you turning heads, as you walk through the do-o-or" My cell phone lit up and started ringing.

-Unknown Number- It flashed

"Hello?" I asked curiosly

"I need your help" The voice sounded desperate...and familiar.

A.N

This is my second story hope its OK please vote amd comment if you liked it. If have made any mistakes tell me. Thanks.

Ellen