Chapter Nine: 過去への旅

9√Kake e no tabi / 過去への旅 / A trip to the past

Eh... Where am I?

I looked around me and saw that I was in my old room. Is this my old house? When did I get here, more like how did I get here... Yanagisawa burned the house and when he was interrogated by the police he assumed that my parents and I died in the fire . I had to change my name because of that and many other things... That were needed to create : the new me.

I heard a knock on the door and my attention changed from the window to the person that entered in my room.

"Good morning ,Azusa. "

"Mom... "

My mom panicked instantly and bowed in front of me as she wiped my tears away.

"Why are you crying Azusa? Did I do something wrong... Or maybe... Do you want a new toy, is the old one not good anymore? "

I think that I am dreaming... The days when my mom was still alive are long gone.

"Inna! Don't dot on her so much. "

...there he comes... My father. He was a tall man ,his eyes were cold as ice and there was never a single day when I saw him smile . He was the opposite of my mom.

"Inna could you let me have a talk with my daughter. "

Hmm...I see...something bad is going to happen, I wonder what... I only know that it is.

My mother let go of me and went out of my room as she closed the door giving me a sad smile. Ah. I know that smile. I see. It's that day.

"Azusa. I want you to come with me to the dungeon. Today your father will teach you a new technique that will make you be far stronger than any one. It's a techinque that will make you... Fearless. "

Yes, it made me that way... But only when it comes to my life.

"Let's go Azusa. "

He gave me a warm smile. At that time I was so happy to see my father smile once in his life, that I didn't think it could be fake. I gave him my hand and smiled as well . Probably I can remediate things... In my mind at least.  My father grabbed a book from the library that was in his office and a secret passage was revealed. Our mansion was old enough: five generations of wealthy and well trained assassins. Though this family had something stupid that even a kid could have seen : they were so full of themselves in a battle that even a rat could have taken them down.

Suddenly my father opened the big metal door. I have never been in this room.

"You can say that today you are leveling up , Azusa. Welcome to the ..."

He took a deep breath and pushed me forward to admire the horribility that was lurking at the bottom of the dungeon's staircase.

"The centipede room. "

I didn't even have time to react and I felt that time was frozen as he pushed me and let me fall down there.

"If you want to be strong... Learn how to save yourself. "

I remember now: I stayed four days in there without water or food. Left to see if I survive. He was checking on me everyday... In the first day I screamed until my lungs were hurting and my mouth was full of the stupid taste of blood. The next days I was quiet... After all nobody besides my father could have heard my screams. It's still a miracle that I have remained a sane person after that whole shit.

It was the day when I have finished my training. After that I started to kill real people. My first kill was one of my maids that has done nothing wrong to me. I remember her tearing sobs as I had to get accustomed to the metallic smell of blood that would rise bile in anyone's throat while I was slowly gouging out her eyes with a glass shard.

I guess that all my life I was hanging by the fate created by the ones around me... I hope that one day I'll be able to save at least someone's life since I killed so much that I don't deserve to live... It's not like if you put your life on the line for others, someone will stamp a form certifying that you truly deserve to live. It's just that I don't want to live like a corward... Wait this sounds wrong.

I don't want to die like a corward.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

My eyes shit open and I felt a pain on my forehead.

"Auch! "

"What the hell!? "

"What the hell me!? What the hell you Reina! Can't you sleep more... I don't know... Oh yeah! Normally? "

Akabane scowled me with an angry face as our foreheads were internally bleeding from useless pain.

"What do you mean!? I only fell asleep and tried to get up! But nooo... I had to find a shitty face in the way! "

"After sleeping on my dick until now you're also acting like a bitch... But what can I expect from an idiot~"

"Wait what-Where did I sleep?!"

"You fell asleep on my lap, but you can say that your empty and amazingly heavy head was killing it~"

Oho... He's so angry now that he doesn't scream . He switched from bitch mode to fucking fucktard bitch mode.

"You two shut up! "

We both looked with angry and sleepy faces at Irina who was looking at us in the rearview mirror of the car.

"We'll stop on the way at a gasoline station and I and only I will meet with Karasuma and that octopus. "

"What about us? "

Asked Nagisa as he was surprised that we weren't needed.

"You can stay in the car and have a threesome or something, not like I care about your lives, but let's say that if you die on me I'll get into the jail and I don't look good in black stripes."

We were all ready to puke as she smiled, licked her lips and pushed her leg on the accelerator pedal so hard that I thought her hill would break it.

"Don't make me shove a pitchfork up your ass Irina. "

"I'm sorry but I'm not into girls. "

"Still you kissed Nagisa. "

Akabane said to her with a deadpanned face.

"Well he is a boy~Would you like a kiss as well Karma? "

I heard the red head gulp and put on a smirk.

"Thanks... But I'm fine. "

"Is your head filled only with those kind of things Bitch-sensei? "

Asked Nagisa as he sweatdropped and suddenly Irina pulled the brake and I hit my head in Nagisa's chair and Akabane in hers.

"Are you nuts!? "

We both angrily said to her as she only lit a cigarette and went out of the car.

"Don't go anywhere brats. "

After she went away I heard Nagisa mumble to himself and he and Karma broke into a laughter as I looked out of the window.

"Too bad, I was totally going to run into the forest and I could have had so much fun there with the squirrels. "