Chapter 2:...Bumblestripe Saved

Dovewing dragged Bumblestripe to RiverClan territory with Jayfeather, who had offered to come with her. He had given the poor dying tom yarrow to make him vomit up some of the poison. He now retched weakly. Dovewing and Jayfeather explained to Mistystar what had happened, and the patrol with her yowled in outrage. "That mangy, flea-bitten, piece of crow-food!" Moonbeam, a silver-gray tom, hissed. Dovewing had no time to be taken aback by his anger. Instead, she was listening to Mistystar talking. "...sadly, he is too ill. There is nothing I can do for him," she said. Dovewing heard her voice, usually strong and clear, catch. Then she realized what the RiverClan leader had just said. Bumblestripe was dead.

She could not believe it. She would not believe it. "Fine. If you won't save him, I will." She stubbornly pulled him into the river. She pushed his head down, as if to get him to drink the river water, only to discover that he wasn't moving. She pawed him a few times and then dragged him out and slumped to the ground, defeated.

**Dovewing's POV**

No. No! He is not dead. I leave him once and he goes and dies on me. Who will help me raise my kts? Who will see Leopardpaw and Cougarpaw become warriors with me? Who will comfort me when I'm sad, and love me even when I'm angry? This is all StarClan's fault. Why should I get cursed with powers? If I didn't have powers, everything would be different. Bumblestripe would be alive. I wish I could join him. It's not fair!

**Bumblestripe's POV**

Oh, poor Dovewing. I wasn't careful enough. "Why are you torturing her?" I yowled to StarClan. "We have done nothing you!" As I was on to cursing StarClan for killing me, a blue-gray she-cat just...appeared out of the shadows. 'What shadows?' you may wonder. The shadows of whatever place I was in. Anyways, I recognized this cat as Bluestar, the leader of ThunderClan before Firestar.