I'm Here For You 《A Harry Styles fanfic》

《This is my first fanfic so I hope you guys like It and it isn't crappy. please remember to vote and comment! thanks! Enjoy :)

~S》

Emily's POV

  I put my earbuds in and listened to music while I walked home, alone of course. Luckily, it was cool outside today so I didn't need an excuse for my long sleeves to hide my scars. No one ever questioned it but I was always afraid they would. No one knows my secret. Not even Bailey, my best friend. She's so beautiful and lucky. She has a loving father, mother, heck, her entire family adores her. Everyone in my family thinks I'm just useless and a waste of space.

  The abnoxious sound of my phone ringing interrupted my thoughts. I read the caller ID to see my Mum calling. She's the only person in my family who loves me. I slid my finger across the screen and answered, "Hey Mum!"

"Hi Em, how was school today?" She always asks that, I never understand why. "Erm, school was slow but good I guess. What did you call for?" a slight pause- "Oh no reason I guess. Just wanted to make sure you have a way home?" there's something she's hiding. I hope Dad didn't do something again.

"Yeah Mum don't worry I'm almost home. I'll see you soon" I could hear her smile over the phone. "Alright, love." with that, I hung up the phone and continued my way home.

...

(2 hours later)

  As I finally finished my homework, I heard Dad slam the door...he's home. I knew if I didn't go downstairs, he would probably stomp into my room and yell at me and tell me how useless I am, and if I do go downstairs, he will stay calm for a bit then throw things everywhere. I decided to go downstairs. hopefully,  he isn't drunk.

  I already heard him arguing with Mum as soon as I stepped downstairs. Great. "Hey Dad.." I can't believe I actually said something to him. I really hope he isn't drunk.

"Hello darling, how was your day?" well he didn't sound drunk. Maybe tonight he won't hurt someone. "Good," is all I managed to say. "Good? That's all I get? I try to nicely ask my daughter how her day was and all I get is 'Good'?!" I spoke to soon. I try to make up an excuse but he cuts me off by throwing a spoon at my face. "YOU WORTHLESS BITCH YOU AREN'T THANKFUL FOR WHAT YOU HAVE. YOU DON'T DESERVE A LOVING FATHER, OR ANYTHING. YOU'RE JUST A WASTE OF SPACE I NEVER WANTED KIDS ANYWAYS" He's right. I am worthless. I felt the tears slowly dribbling down my face and that's when I ran upstairs.

  I never should have gone downstairs. I knew he was just going to remind me of how worthless I am. I wipe the tears off my face and reach behind my dresser and grab the blade. I've tried not to cut but I can't when I know I shouldn't even be alive. I hear Mum's screams and cries and Dad's shouts. As I draw the blade across my skin, I hear the shattering of glass and I squint my eyes closed trying to shut out the world.