《Chapter 4》

Dad. The man I called my father... is gone? I honestly don't know how to feel. I was related to him by blood, but... At that moment, memories of him coming home late and drunk came flooding into my mind. The slamming door, the yelling, the insults. I kind of felt relieved he wasn't here to bring me down, but I also felt sorrowful because my family isn't complete anymore..

"Em... Are you okay?" I hear my mum talking, but the words just don't quite register in my mind.
"I'm okay, mum. I'm okay. I just need time to think." I say in a monotone voice.
I turn to look at mum's face and the tears running down it as I feel tears start to leak from my own eyes. I quickly walk toward the stairs my vision blurry and head into my room softly closing the door.

I'm guessing I fell asleep because the last thing I remember was laying on my bed deep in thought. I look at my phone to see I've received a message from Bailey.

"Hey! :)"

I wasn't really in the mood to talk, so I decided to reply with,

"Hey."

As soon as I put my phone down, I feel the vibration signaling I got a text.

From Bailey:

"What's up? You seem a bit down. Are you alright?"

"She knows me too well." I thought. I sigh not wanting to tell her what happened, but after a few moments of having a mental debate with myself, I decide to let her know because she's my best friend.

"Not really... Some police officers came to my house and told mum and I that dad died."

I felt the vibration again

From Bailey:

"Oh my gosh, that's terrible! I'm so sorry for your loss. Do you need anything?"

I started to twiddle my thumbs thinking of how to reply.

"I'm fine. I don't really need anything right now except for some time alone. Thank you anyway :)"

I lay on my bed staring up at the ceiling awaiting a reply. A few minutes later, I hear the buzz of my phone.

"Okay! If you need anything, and I mean anything, don't hesitate to ask."

I smiled at the message knowing that what she said was true. She's always been there for me through thick and thin, and I can definitely rely on her. I check the time on my phone: 9:30 pm

"Jeez, it's this late already?" I wonder to myself. Feeling kind of hungry, I walk downstairs to go get something to eat. I look at the table to see there is already some food on there. "Thanks mum." I say to myself, and I start to dig in.

A/N: Hello, hello all you lovely people! I'm really sorry this was kinda boring and short. I'm the co-author :) I'm trying this whole "writing a fanfic" thing, and this is the first chapter I've ever written for one. Anywho, don't forget to comment and vote! That would be really nice! Thank you, and I hope you have a wonderful day.
~J