7even

"Misaki..."

Marinette heard it within the darkness.

"Get up Misaki! Its time for school..."

Marinette floated through empty space, reaching for the voice.

"That's it! I'm leaving right now! Come even though you'll be late, sleepy head!"

A bit later, when she actually had processed what the voice said, she sat up quickly, and looked at her alarm clock.

"School's gonna start very soon! Agh!" Marinette exclaimed. She ran to the bathroom, brushed her teeth, and covered her scars with makeup. She got in her dress and shoes, put her bento box and chopsticks into her backpack, and ran down the stairs. She soon arrived at school, and looked at her schedule. Her heart sank when she saw her teacher's name. Miss Bustier.

"Okay..." She whispered. "I can do this. It's going to be easy. Almost ad easy as braided cords. Wait... braided cords aren't easy! Great! Hopefully... I'll be eased by familiar faces." She walked up to the classroom door. "1... 2... 3..." She walked in, and a familiar breeze blew into her face as her heart pounded in her chest.

"And you must be Misaka Tachiban." Said her old teacher.

"Actually it's Misaki Tachibana." Marinette nervously corrected.

"Okay Misaki. Go sit down."

Marinette bowed down to seem more unfamiliar with the place.

"Thats her!" Jamie whisper yelled, pointing to Marinette.

"Come sit over here!" A familiar voice called, making Marinette feel petrified. Alya.

"I love your dress!" Yelled Rose.

"Yeah. Where did you get it?" Asked Juleka.

"I-i made it..." Marinette said.

A silence filled the room. Sweat rolled down the nervous girl's forehead.

"Why are you staring at my bestie?" Asked Jamie, breaking the silence, "Making clothes is one of her specialties. So leave her be."

Jamie got out of her seat. "Come sit between me and this awesome girl!"

Marinette sat down between Alya and Jamie.

"Okay class!" Said Miss Bustier, "Here is today's lesson."

Adrien looked up at the 2 new girls behind him. They both had brown eyes and dark hair. He saw the girl he had saved a few days ago, and the other one looked familiar somehow.

"Adrien. Please focus." Ordered the teacher

"Yes ma'am." Adrien said as he turned back around.

Marinette was diligently taking notes from her Soul Eater notebook she had embroidered herself. Her purse was black with the Japanese alphabet in many colours. Her backpack was the same pattern.

All day in class, Marinette had taken many notes, and answered alot of questions correctly.

Everything went quite well until lunchtime.

"Come sit with us!" Said Alya.

"Okay." Said Marinette. Jamie, Marinette, and Alya all headed to a table together. Just then, Marinette bumped into someone.

"Watch where you're going you Asian klutz!" Yelled Chloe.

"I'm actually Japanese." Said Marinette.

"Oh I'm so scared! Areegotoh! Areegotoh!" Chloe laughed and walked away.

Marinette sighed.

"You okay?" Asked a familiar voice. Marinette looked up, and saw Adrien. Her eyes sparkled as he held a hand out to help her.

"I-i-if mine- niff time- no! I'm fine!" Marinette turned pink as Adrien pulled her up. "Thank you." Said Marinette as she bowed down.

"Be a bit more careful." Adrien walked away.

Marinette sat down across from Alya and Jamie.

"Nice job!" Said Alya.

"What? me?" Marinette explained as she pulled out her bento box and her chopsticks.

"As I was saying." Said Jamie, "I was still chasing her around the halls, trying to stop that text from being sent. Then she ran to the bathroom and dropped my phone down the toilet! Then without thinking she flushed it! That's why I can never trust Misaki with my phone!"

"That's cray!" Yelled Alya as she turned to Marinette. "You kinda remind me of someone...."

"W-who?" Marinette asked. But she knew who. She knew exactly who.

"She was my best friend... and then kindest.... funny... clumsy..." Alya sighed.

"Don't say her name in the third mirror of the girl's bathroom!" Yelled someone from behind. Nino.

"What? This school is haunted?! Cool!" Yelled Jamie.

"Oh that stupid rumor?" Said Alya, "Do you seriously believe him?!"

"What's her name? Because I really have to go to the bathroom and might as well try it!"

Alya whispered a name that made Jamie look at her best friend.

"O.. Kay... I'll totally try it!" Said Jamie as she went to the bathroom. When she got inside a stall, she let Tikki out of her bag.

"Are you seriously going to try it?" Asked Tikki.

"No." Said Jamie, "I love a good old ghost story, but that's kinda silly."

"It sounds clichéd."

"Sure."

Jamie went to the third sink in the bathroom to wash her hands when she noticed someone behind her.

"Hi Marinaki." Jamie said.

"It's Misaki. I told you." Marinette said.

"I know but you have so many names!"

"So many? Misaki. Karma. Tachibana."

"Ha ha."

"Like I said. We can't talk about it  at home or something."

"Okay."

The bell rang.

"Great!" Said Marinette. They two girls walked separate ways, but Jamie stopped when she bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry." Said the person.

Jamie looked up to see a boy with crimson strands.

"No. Don't b-be." Said Jamie, looking into his blue green eyes.

"I'm N-nathaniel."

"I'm Jamie."

The bell rang again.

"Gotta go!" Yelled Nathaniel as he ran away. Jamie stood in the same spot for a minute before wandering to her next class.