One

I am the queen of Arandelle.

Until I lost my families, my people, and my kingdom.

Then what does make me a queen? I'm no different than the others. Well, at least I'm a little bit different.

The most beautiful gift yet the most terrifying curse. I was born with it.

I had the power to build a snowman with just my bare hands even when it wasn't winter.

That's not all, I can even create hail shower just by the slightest thought about it.

In fact I just did.

I spent my whole life protecting my little secret. Then with just less than ten minutes the secret that I hid was spread all across the kingdom.

It all began when my sister, Anna, asked me to permit her marriage on my coronation day.

And I was like, what?

Today was the first time in forever that she had ever stepped outside of the castle. That means she had just met that man either. Of course I didn't gave her my permission. Who would agree to that kind of marriage anyway?

Everything happened so fast that I couldn't really grasp what was happening earlier. All I know now is that I'm here, in the middle of nowhere, walking by myself on piles of heavy snow, and letting out a lot of heavy sighs.

Hah, what in the world just happened?

-

Author's POV.

Jack landed softly on the snow-covered ground. He had been flying around exploring the world when he suddenly spotted something in the mountains.

A girl was walking lonely in the darkness with her cape dragging behind her. Jack felt like something was pulling him toward her. He knew she could not see him so he decided to follow her for a bit. She was walking slowly with the wind against her slowly climbing up the mountain. 

There was something about her; it looked like she was broken as if she had lost everything.

Suddenly she started to sing, her clear voice filled the cold empty air. 

Jack felt like something had just hit his stomach. The song was filled with sorrow, he wanted to put his arms around her hold her and comfort her. 

But just as it sounded like the girl was going to break down she raised her voice and the tone changed. 

She threw her gloves and ice sparkle from her hands. Jack blew away a cold breath as his eyes widened; "She's the same as I am."

He watched the girl starting to play with her power. Her song had changed from gloomy to a melody of freedom. The girl’s movements enchanted him. She released her cape and let it fly away in the cold wind. 

She now walked with strong steps and the atmosphere around her are beaming. Like a kid seeing snow for the first time she played around happy. 

To Jack’s awe she created a stair of ice from the edge of a cliff. She placed her foot on it carefully but then she smiled big and ran happily up. The stair grew before her and was connected with the other mountain. Jack flew after her on the wind, he watched her amazed. He no longer felt that sad feeling in his stomach; it had been replaced by something else.

When she reached the other cliff she stomped in the ground and sang passionately. Jack took a step back, the girl emitted a powerful aura and the broken girl who had lost everything was gone.

His heart felt strange, he put his hand on his chest. It was beating faster and faster. But why?

In front of him the girl built a castle of ice. It was sparkling and big enough considering she was alone. He saw her throw away the crown and loosen her braid as she walked with confident steps. 

Jack was amazed, the girl had transformed in front of his eyes. The heartbroken girl was no more; this strong beautiful woman had replaced her. She stopped singing but her voice still echoed in his head. It felt like the air had totally escaped him. Never in his life have he wished to be visible as much as that moment, to be able to touch. He wished with his whole heart that she would believe in him. The girl turned around and her eyes widened.

"Who are you?" She asked.

-

Jack's POV.

I widen my eyes and gasped. "Wait, you can see me?" I asked and stepped closer to the girl. She was still looking at me with big eyes, when I came closer she backed away a bit.

"No no, don’t be afraid, I’m not your enemy," I said and looked at her right in the eyes.

The girl looked at me from head to toe.

"Then who are you and what are you doing here?" she asked with a serious tone.

I held up my hand and a snowflake came out of nowhere danced in between my fingers.

The girl exclaimed while she positoned her hands blankly as if she was asking for the snowflake out of her consent. I let the snowflake float over to her hand and it exploded like a tiny firework, but instead the ice version. She let out a bitter laugh like she was kind of surprised yet relieved at the same time.

"I'm Jack Frost, the sprite of the winter. But you can just call me Jack." I said and gave her a playful smile.

The girl showed another shocked expression. "Then, you and I are the same?" she asked. "So I guess I wasn't alone, huh?" Once again she smiled a bitter smile while she continued the last part quietly like she was talking to herself.

"Well yes, you can say we have the same powers but, I would not say the same as in the same," I said and let the wind carry me. "You see, normally only young kids who believed in me are able to see me, and I guess I’m not really a human." I continued and made a little spin in the air and landed next to her. And before she could move away I pulled her hand. 

"But then what about you? How can you see me?"

The smile that was plastered on her face vanished and she pulled her hand back from mine. Frost newly emerged on the ground.

"Well if I’m not the same as you I guess I am indeed a monster like they said."  She turned away from me and started to walk away. "Wait. No you are not a monster! You are just special!" I ran reaching out after her but my hand went right through her shoulder.

She slammed the big door and ice arised covering the door. 

Yet again I felt that sick feeling in my stomach, like the first time in the past when no one could see me. 

I looked up on the fading moon of the dark skies. "Why?"