Two

For the first time in forever

I could be noticed by someone

And I know it's totally crazy

To dream I'd find romance

But for the first time in forever

At least I've got a chance

-

Elsa looked up, the room was quiet. She removed the snow covering the walls around her and let the light back in.

To her surprise, she saw that it had started to get dark again; "I just wish it wasn't so lonely for me to be free. Hah, somehow I missed Anna."

Elsa felt a bit calmer then that she left the throne room and decided to see what the rest of the castle looked like.  

She chuckled a little over the fact that she had created the castle a bit too fast that she had not seen everything.  

She looked down at her bare hands and felt really proud over herself. She held out her hand and looked at the barren room. 

“Why not decorate it a bit,” she said to herself and let her magic flow. 

-

When Jack finally arrived at the ice castle again it was starting to get dark.

“Gosh, I didn't know that it would take this long to get back,” he said and looked at the rising moon. 

He took out a little box and looked at it hoping it would be able to help the girl.

Now the biggest task was to make her notice him again. He felt a small stab in the heart, what if she would never again see him again. 

Jack shook his head. “I can do it, I did it before… But, what did I do?” he said in agony and shook his head again.

He flew closer to the castle and looked at everything with awe. First time Jack had been there he had been so enchanted by the girl that he had not really noticed the surrounding. 

The details on the floor and the walls were elegant and magnificent. It was even bigger than he expected, it took him some time before he found the girl.

Jack arched an eyebrow when he saw her move around with small jumps, what was she doing. Then she stopped and held out her hand while she looked really consecrated. A big ice statue took form in front of her.

Jack walked closer aware that she could not see him. Every step he took without her noticing made him feel sick. 

When he was so close that he almost touched her, he felt blend of anticipation and despair. 

He stood perfectly still next to her hoping that she would turn around and see him like before. But she moved away when the statue was finished without any sign of noticing his presence.

Strangely, Jack felt a bit relieved that she had not seen him. “I guess it will be okay to not be noticed for a bit. Last time was not really a success.” He sighed while following the girl.

-

They walked from room to room. And when the moon was high on the sky, the girl created a bed from ice with layers of soft snow. 

But instead of going to sleep, the girl went to the balcony. She stood there and looked up at the moon. Unconsciously, Jack followed the girl looking up on the moon, wondering if the man in the moon was watching them.

“I will never return. My fate is not to be there with them. My happiness is here.” Elsa said and looked at the direction where her home lied.

Jack saw the sadness in her eyes and knew that she still felt lonely. He looked up back at the moon.

“To not be seen or able to reach out to someone is not something you should want. But how can I tell her that?” He mumbled. 

He held out his hand in front of the girl and created a small bunny made of snow. 

“How come it’s here? I did not create it,” Elsa said in surprise. 

She tried to catch the bunny but it jumped out of her reach. She smiled and let out a small laugh. She held out her hand waiting for it to come to her. The bunny stopped in front of her hand and then exploded in a small cascade of glitter. A single beautiful snowflake was left floating over her palm. 

She then looked up to find a figure that catch her attention, “Jack?”