Training

"Wha-what?" I can barely say. "I'm leading the battle?!" I ask trying not to freak out. "Yes, you're the only person who has any training for this. I know you won't let our kingdom down, Emily." Mother says hugging me. "But.." I start to protest. "Shh-I know, I know." My mother says. "Time to get you to training." She says.

                                 My mother and the knight lead me down a hallway. We walk into a large gym like room. "This is so you can practice your archery." The knight says to me. "Archery?" I ask, I've always wanted to be an archer but never had a chance to practice. "Yes, you've been learning since you were four years old." He says, taking a bow off its place on the wall. He hands it to me. "Come on, show your mom your best shot." He says. I take the bow and show them my best shot. A bullseye! "Amazing!!" They yell. "It's great, but you need to practice on a moving target." My mother says. "Ok?" I ask.

                                The next thing I know we are saddling Buttercup up. They told me to get on him. I mount him and hold out my bow and arrows. They told me that there is an obstacle course in the woods behind the castle. I'm supposed to keep riding and hit every target. They will follow behind.

                                   I don't know how I did it, but I hit every target. I was moving so fast and I felt free, but I couldn't loose the fact for why I was doing this. My kingdom that I just arrived in is now in a war. Wow...

                                  "You did amazing! Every target hit!" Mother says as I dismount. "Thank you. I should go home and get some rest..." I say. "Well of course! Your room is upstairs!" Mother says taking my bow. "Ok thank you." I say and go into the castle. It took me about twenty minutes to find my room but it was worth it. My room had the most beautiful color scheme. Teal blue with light pink. The furniture was beautiful and the bed was so comfy.

                                    I took a shower in my bathroom and looked around my room. I found an old diary. I looked at the last entry which only had four words that read : IM MOVING OUT TOMORROW!!! I turned back to the first entry. It read:

Dear Diary,
I know, I know. Diaries are for girly-girls, which I'm not. Today was my sixteenth birthday. 🎉 Yay!! So yeah, I'm 16 year old princess who doesn't want to be a princess. I'm not girly like my sisters were. Today I snuck out of the castle to practice archery. I'm getting so much better!! Oh, I have to go. Mother is calling.

Wow, so in this world I don't want to be a princess, but at home I want to be a princess. I'm a girly-girl but here I'm not. It makes no sense! Huh, that's weird. And why did I say "like my sisters were " ?? Does that mean I used to have sisters?! What happened to them? I'm not sure but I do need to get some sleep. Tomorrow we're meeting the other kingdom for battle...and I'm leading it.