Unsteady

Song: Unsteady- X Ambassadors

Quote: 'And if you love me, don't let go.'

˙·٠•●♥ ƸӜƷ ♥●•٠·˙

Apparently no one else was there who could take his order. Except for the exception of Ella and Adrian, but they were taking someone else's order. It was like the world was pushing me toward him, to make me fail and die. Yup. Lets get this over with.

"So what do you want?" I ask tensely saying it more like a statement.

"I just want the specialty. The Queen Coffee Cake With Coffee Beans?" He looks behind me to look at sign that lists the orders.

I look over to see Ella and Adrian holding hands and taking orders together. They are the star couple of this place. Even the special is based off them. After all, they met from this place. All because of that one order. Then they got married one year later and have been faithful to each other for forever. They seem so happy. I sigh.

"That'll be right up." I turn around to mix the coffee. I grab the egg carton and the milk.

I have the ingredients stuck in mind. We were all forced to learn it because Ella and Adrian fell in love all because of this little cake.

Eggs
Flour
Sugar
A sprinkle of salt
Milk
Vanilla extract
A little bit of cream
Cocoa powder
And of course, coffee beans.

I grind up the coffee beans and set them aside for a later topping. I crack the eggs and pour some flour into the mixing bowl. I squirt a little bit of vanilla extract into the mix and measure some milk out and dump it in. I take the whisk and stir it all together until it seems to be in good shape. Then I let the cream drop into the mix. I mix it all together again and add the spices and cocoa powder in before I shape the top into a little cup and the rest into a little pot. I pull the oven door open and set the dough onto a oven plate and slide it inside.

The time starts and I turn back around to check up on everything else. Jordan is already sitting down on a lounge chair swiping through his social media. Probably. I just stare at the door waiting for the timer to ding so I can give the cake to him and so he can leave.

Silence hangs over the whole shop as I wait for the ding to be heard.

Actually, that's how it felt. Everyone was talking among themselves while I stared into into Jordan's eyes with a hugely uncomfortable silence between us. And the silence seemed to go on forever.

My heart beat was beating quite fast as I wait for the food to be ready. I was getting so mad at the food at this moment. I usually love food though.

When the bell dings for the oven I jump up from my spot and rush over as fast as I can.

It's only a few steps away, so I could do it in a really short amount of time. I slip the oven mitts over my hands and pull the handle of the oven and swing it open. The cake is done baking. I press the button to stop the heat and immediately take the food out.

Whipped cream covers the top of the cake while grinded coffee beans are sprinkled on top of it. I hand the cake over to him,