Ticket

~Felix’s POV~

I sat in front of my computer desk, staring blankly at my desktop monitor. I had just finished loading a video to YouTube for my bros to watch and enjoy. A small smile found its way to my lips. I always liked making my bros happy. It made me feel warm and fuzzy inside whenever I’d read a positive comment. It didn’t matter that I was living by myself with no friends in real life or a spouse to comfort me. Well, maybe it did matter. It was very lonely here, but my bros are what keeps me alive and motivated to get out of bed in the morning.

I opened up Skype and saw that I missed a voice call from my friend Cry. Cry, also known by his real name Ryan, is a very good friend of mine, who I met through YouTube. He’s always there for me and I always try to be there for him. Since I’ve been getting more famous on YouTube, it’s always hard to find extra time to talk to Cry.

I feel bad whenever I miss a call or a message from Cry. Whenever I open up my Skype, he’s usually offline. I looked at his status and was surprised to see that he was online. I checked my clock, which read “10:00AM.” I guess he was trying to pull an all-nighter, since it’s about four in the morning where he lives.

Hey, friend. What’s up? : )

I smiled at the message that randomly popped up, along with the little Skype message beep. I quickly typed my reply, telling him that I had just finished loading a video.

Awesome. Do you have any free time? If so, want to voice chat for a while?

Instead of typing up a reply, I immediately pressed the call button. It rang and rang as I adjusted my headset and microphone. Suddenly, the ringing stopped.

There was a voice on the other end. “Hello?”

“Hey, Cry,” I greeted back.

“I’m surprised that you actually have some free time,” Cry stated.

“I know. It’s been pretty crazy lately,” I said, watching people spam me with Skype messages. I immediately turned my status to “Do Not Disturb” so I wouldn’t have the beeps interrupt Cry.

“I guess it would be a bad time to bring up what I was going to ask you, then,” Cry sighed.

“Ask me anyway,” I said, now curious as to what he was going to ask.

“Well, I was just wondering if you would like to take a small break and come here to Florida for a week. I’d really like to meet you in person.” I could’ve sworn I heard him smile.

“I don’t know, Cry. I’ll have to think about it. I’ve been really busy lately,” I trailed off at my last sentence, now distracted by all the Steam messages and group invites I was getting. I quickly logged out of Steam.

“I understand.” Was that a hint of disappointment in his voice?

“I’ll tell you as soon as I have some free time, though,” I quickly reassured him. “But right now, I need to get off. I need to shop for groceries. I have no food in the house and I’m really hungry,” I laughed at the last sentence.

I heard Cry let out a little chuckle. “Alright, go ahead and go to the store. I’ll message you later, I guess.”

“Talk to you later, man,” I said, hovering my mouse over the “End Call” button.

“Bye.”

I clicked “End Call” and sat up. I grabbed my keys and opened my front door to leave, only to realize that I was only in my t-shirt and a pair of boxers.

~Cry’s POV~

After Felix hung up, I leaned back in my computer chair and let out a long sigh. I really missed the friendship he and I had. Last year, we were so close and now it’s like we’re strangers. I really hoped he would have time to come down here for a week.