Florida

A/N: I’m changing to third person because it’s easier to write than first person. Okay, let’s go!

It was eight in the morning and Felix was on the plane, already in the air and on his way to Florida. Felix was shaking a bit because he was really nervous to meet his friend Cry. After all, meeting someone in person who you met online is pretty nerve-racking. What if they aren’t who they say they are? Well, Cry was definitely who he said he was, Felix just knew it. There’s no way he could lie to Felix.

But what if he doesn’t like me? What if he kicks me out after a while because he hates me?

Felix breathed in through my nose for a few seconds and slowly exhaled through his mouth.

I need to calm the fuck down. I’m sure Cry wouldn’t kick me out. He likes me online, so why wouldn’t he like me in real life?

Then Felix started to think about what it would be like to meet Marzia in real life. She was always talking about meeting him. She would say they could hang out, play video games, eat pizza together, and just have a good time. All of that seemed really fun to Felix, but for some reason, he just thought that doing those things seemed better when he imagined doing them with Cry.

Felix thought about Marzia as he remembered their conversations.

“You’re so cute and funny! No wonder you’re getting popular on youtube!”

“Oh, Felix, if only we could just meet. I’m always thinking about you.”

“You’re so adorable! I’m surprised you don’t have a girlfriend yet!”

Just like that, it finally snapped in Felix’s mind.

She likes you, dumbass!

Felix was in shock after discovering this obvious fact. He let out a frustrated sigh and put his hands on his face. He honestly didn’t know if he liked Marzia back or not. After all, they had only been talking for a few weeks – and that was just through YouTube and Facebook messages.

Then, for some reason, his mind drifted off to thinking about Cry again. He thought about how it would be to meet Cry in person. Would Cry like him still? Would everything go smoothly?

Would he still be able to afford anything after buying that plane ticket?

His apartment cost a good bit of money each month and buying that plane ticket left him with only three hundred twenty-seven krona, or roughly about fifty dollars in USD. He was going to convert that money when he got to the airport in Florida so he could buy some souvenirs. It wouldn’t be enough to pay rent for next month anyways. Thank goodness he had paid for this month in advance.

Felix yawned a bit and looked at his watch, which read “8:35AM.” Felix had a lot of time to kill before the plane landed in Florida. His eyes felt heavy. He had spent all night packing and worrying about meeting Cry that he didn’t even fall asleep last night. Suddenly, darkness overcame Felix as he fell asleep in his chair.

--

“Sir, sir, please wake up. The plane has landed.”

Felix moaned sleepily before opening his eyes to see one of the flight attendants tapping his shoulder.

“FAN HELVETE!” Felix screamed as he clutched his chest with his hand. The flight attendant gave him a dirty look.

“Sir, please get your bags and leave.”

Felix nodded and awkwardly took off his seatbelt, his face red with embarrassment.

Once he got his things together, he stepped off of the plane and into the landing area. Felix walked into the airport building with his suitcase and pulled his phone out of his pocket. The time read “3:06PM.” He turned his smartphone off of flight mode and logged into Skype, only to see that Cry was online. Felix smiled and plugged his headphones into his phone and pressed the “call” button.