-ten-

Phil's POV

Today was my birthday. I know I should have gone to the hospital to see my mum, but I couldn't handle it. Other than that today was just like every other day.

I walked up to my locker like I do every day and turned the lock to open it. It popped open and I saw a little gift bag and card inside. I grinned. Somebody else knew it was my birthday? I looked at the card then tore open the envelope. I pulled out a cute cat card. I read the sweet note inside, not before seeing it was signed by dan. Of course, he knew today was my birthday. I looked inside the bag. I pulled out a tiny stuffed lion. And tears came to my eyes. Just then arms wrapped around me, and I was met with big, brown, eyes and huge dimples from the smile he was wearing.

"Happy birthday Phil!" he shouted as I smiled and hugged him back. "What? Why are you crying?" he asked suddenly concerned.

"No one's ever done this for me before," I said looking down.

"You deserve it Phil." he leaned into my ear and whispered: "I love you." then kissed my cheek and headed off to his first class. He left me crying in the corridor. I quickly wiped my eyes, placed the lion safely in my locker then grabbed my books and binder and started on my way to my first class, opposite the building of dan's.

"Here." dan said throwing a bag at me as he sat down at our lunch table.

"What is it?" he smiled wide.

"Lunch, your's at least. I packed lunch for us. I mean it's a special day." he said. God, I already felt guilty about the gift thing, now this? I didn't even know when his birthday is. What if I missed it?!

"Dan you really don't have to do this for me..."

"Shut up, yeah I did." he smiled and kissed me on the lips. I'm so lucky to have him. I opened up the carefully folded brown paper bag. I pulled out a bag of Malteasers, a sandwich and a napkin with a sweet note on it. I read it as tears filled my eyes. "You're the best boyfriend ever, dan."

"I know." he smirked and I felt my heart flutter.

I started to eat the sandwich dan made me and he pulled out a brown bag similar to mine and pulled out a sandwich as well. We both ate in silence until Jackson came up to our table.

"Hey fags," he said, plucking off my flower crown. "I heard it's your birthday. How would your momma like it if you came home all bruised and bloody? That would be hilarious." the mention of my mum made me flinch. I felt tears prick my eyes. God, why am I such a crybaby? My inner monologue just makes me cry more.

Then dan stands up. "Please stop Jackson. You're a real dick you know that?" dan threw the first punch, right in the face. Jackson fell back onto the ground, his friends quickly leaving.

"I'm a dick? Well, at least that's better than sucking it!" Jackson hissed, punching dan hard in the ribs. Soon it turned into all out warfare. Punches in the face kicks to the balls, and everything in between. Wow, maybe dan really does like me.

Suddenly, the principal showed up. Dan and Jackson were caught dead in their tracks. You could almost see the anxiety radiating off them.

"My office. NOW."

"Now what I've seen is incredibly offensive. Now, I don't know all the facts, but what I've gathered is that you, Jackson, was picking on Phil for his sexuality. And that dan was just standing up for Phil. Now I also heard that dan threw the first punch, dan, anything to say?" the principle, mine, and Jackson's devil-like eyes stared dan down.

"If you want to start a fight, you better throw the first punch, make it a good one." I started laughing uncontrollably at his panic! at the disco reference. Jackson and Mrs. Jensen didn't get it. "Sorry I mean, I knew Jackson was going to hurt Phil because he threatened him, so I wanted to hit him before he could hit Phil. It's Phil's birthday."

I looked down, hoping that Jackson felt kind of bad. But he didn't; he just laughed.

"Okay... Jackson I know would like to hear your side of the story, dan, Phil, please be respectful of Jackson's side." dan and I nodded.

"Well, I heard it was Phil's birthday so i went to go say happy birthday, then out of nowhere dan just threw a punch at me. I didn't do anything. I did not threaten Phil if anything dan threatened me."

"Wait just a fucking moment! You said 'hey wouldn't it be funny if Phil came home bruised and bloody to his mum'!" I physically flinched at the mention of my mum. Mrs. Jensen noticed this. She knew about my mom, so she took me and dan's side. Still giving dan detention and giving Jackson a suspension.

"Thank you, Mrs. Jensen," I said as I walked out.

"Wait, Phil. Your mum has been talking with me. She really wants to see you."

//fun fact i started writing this on phil's birthday and meant to post it on his birthday which was actually three months ago. whoops. enjoy this shitty ass chapter kk bye. stay alive frens//