Chapter 1- Sparklingkit

"I've got it!" Sparklingkit hurled herself through the air but fell short of the leaf ball.

     "Nice catch mousebrain!" Birchkit tumbled to his sister who was still on the ground. "Maybe you should actually land on your feet next time," He gently put his teeth around the leaves and trotted around her sister.

     Sparklingkit felt her ears getting hot and balanced herself on all four legs. Embarrament flushed through her and all she could think about was tackling her brother. And she did. Launching herself through the air, her brother seemed to not be paying attention and was hit with all force of a flying kitten. The leaves were spat out and Sparklingkit went to retrieve it.

     "Why don't you take your own advice?" Sparklingkit taunted as Birchkit got up. She loved playing with her brother. 

     "What's all the commosion?" Fishkit pawed up to them in a haste with his sister following him. Again, Sparklingkit's ears had a burning sensation and her stomach started to twist.

     "Wanna play?" She mumbled through the leaves. She quickly spat them out and asked again. She sometimes really thought she came from a mouse family and did have a mouse brain!

     "Sure," He peered over to the little orange tuff next to him, "Could she play too?"

    "I guess..." Birchkit attacked the leaves and made a rustling sound that had Sparklingkit snap into reality. She must have been daydreaming again. Daydreaming about...

     "Wildkit! Catch!" The leave bundle was tossed in the air and landed next to Wildkit, the ginger kit who jolted back. "It's okay Wildkit." Her older brother went over to calm her down.

     Sparklingkit couldn't help but feel sympathy for WIldkit. She was born only a moon ago and is the youngest kit in Riverclan at the moment. Sparklingkit, Birchkit, and Fishkit are all 5 moons; 1 moon away from becoming apprentices.

     Suddenly, something caught her eye. She whipped around to see a reed patch that had an unfamilair glow near the grass and the bank of the river. The camp was surrounded by a thin river with reeds, cattails, and small shrubs that was on the outerside of the water. The only way out and into the camp was to cross over an enourmous fallen maple tree they call The Old Maple.

     She tried to squint to see if it were the refection of the bright moon on the river, but she still couldn't tell. Maybe if she "accidently" flung the leaves over there she could see what it was when she retrieved it. As planned when she caught the bundle and tossed it behind the 3 other kits and right into the reeds.

     "I'll get it!" She hurridley pawed passed the kits and to the glowing mystery. The wet grass soothed her tired paws and made were feel like she could sleep 1000 moons.  As she neared both the leaf bundle and glowing, her eyes closed and she saw a large puddle with a shadowed cat watching her reflection. Stars sparkled around the royal blue sky and the flowing grass was like waves as it was caught in the wind. 

     "Miracles are real. They whisper to cats. They whisper to the Clans," The shadowed cat whispered so softly, Sparklingkit could barely make out what she was saying. She moved closer to hear better. "You must tell your leader you have been chosen by Starclan and to take the Miracle Stone to the right Miracle Puddle. Tell Pinestar to meet us tonight in his dreams. Give him the Miracle Stone." It seemed that more than one cat was telling her directions since all the sentences were overlapping eachother. It all began to fade into the familair river and camp scene and she collapsed.