Dinner

(Mitch POV)

I stood up from the piano stool. Scott joined me in the middle of the classroom and we hugged. Scott was ready to go, I still had to put things back in my locker. We headed to my locker.

"That is a beautiful piece, you played it perfectly." Said Scott.

I thanked him.

I got to my locker and got everything I didn't need in my locker and everything I did need in my bag. We both had our bags and were off. It was still raining so we couldn't walk. Scott drove us.

He cranked Beyoncé on Spotify we were singing our hearts out. I thought I was the number one Beyoncé fan. I guess I was wrong.

"Are you nervous for tonight?" I asked when there was a 30 second ad.

"Yes. Your parents are great, I'm just worried if they will accept us. Considering we just met yesterday." Replied Scott.

A Beyoncé song started playing and I randomly started humming a song in a play I did back when I was eight. One boy made a mashup with that Beyoncé song and the finale of the play we did. It was so funny. Scott sang a little bit of the mashup.

"How do you know that mashup?" I asked.

"I was in Cats, Creative Arts Theatre and School. As a joke I got that song and mashed it up with the finale of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Everyone thought it was funny. I was Charlie." Scott replied while giggly as if he was looking back at memories.

"I was Mike Teavee." It all came to me. I did know him. We did theatre together. I nicknamed him Charlie, so I didn't even think about Charlie, that kid from theatre, when I heard the name Scott.

I got Scott's phone and looked up the soundtrack and that's what we sang in Scott's Car all the way to Scott's house.

He left me in his car as he ran inside to get a fancy shirt on. As soon as he walked into the door I put on some makeup and turned on Beyoncé again. I started sing at the top of my lungs.

Scott walked out of his house probably thinking I was insane. I turned down the Beyoncé as he walked in the car.

"No! Turn that Masterpiece back on!" Scott yelled while giggling.

I turned it up louder and we pretty much started screaming lyrics to 'Me,Myself and I.'

We got to my house and Scott greeted my parents. We still haven't told them that we are together. We all talked in the living room. Scott and I sitting on one couch and my mom sitting on another. My dad was cooking steak outside on the barbecue.

"Mom, do you remember Charlie?" I pointed to Scott as looked at my mom.

"Charlie?! Yes! Oh my goodness, your mother and I always talked after CATS and sometimes we would go on double dates with your fathers." My mother caught her breath and finally finished her statement by saying, "You would come home saying 'I'm obsessed with Charlie!'."

We all laughed. Scott and I held hands. Scott called his parents so they also came over. The dads were outside, the mom's were in the kitchen and we were just talking on the couch.

"Great, now we only have to tell them in one dinner besides two." Scott whispered.

I nodded and blushed. The dads walked in laughing with all the steaks in a tray. The mom's set the table and Scott and I got ready to eat dinner. Everyone got there plates and sat down. We said a prayer and started eating.

"So, how is school boys?" Asked Mike.

"Great! I'm so happy Mitch and I reconnected." Scott exclaimed

"So Much so that we are dating." I added.

Scott looked at me and smiled. I looked at my parents. Scott looked at his.

"Really?" asked Rick. He seemed as if we were joking around.

"Yes. I love him." He said. He looked at my parents, "I love Mike Teavee."

My mother got up and hugged Scott. Followed by Scott's mom getting up to hug me. We sat down.

"Congratulations boys." Stated Mike as he shook Scott's hand.

We continued with dinner. After dinner we decided to play UNO. It was a very fun time.  Sadly the dinner and board game night came to a close. Scott's parents left but he stayed a little bit longer. We were in my bedroom talking and he kissed me multiple times. I kissed him back of course. That's not all we did, we did work on Romeo and Julien. It was getting dark out so I walked Scott home. His parents took Scott's car.

"I love you so much. Tonight couldn't have been more perfect." Scott grabbed my hand and we continued walking.

"Life is great. I'm with the boy I'm obsessed with. I'm with Charlie."

I said. I started tearing up.

"I love you..so much." I continued.

Scott wiped away my one tear. We stopped walking for a second and he hugged me.

I walked Scott home and walked back to my place in the dark. Scott was worried about me walking in the dark so he called me. My whole way home he was on the phone with me. As soon as I got home I took a quick shower. All I could think about is Scott. I got out of the shower and checked my phone for any messages. There was one.

"Sorry, but there is no FaceTime Surprise tonight."

Scott texted.

"Lol, FaceTime surprise or not I love you😘💗"

I texted back.

I took off my clothes and crawled into bed. I checked my phone once more and turned my alarm on for the next morning. After 45 minutes I finally fell asleep. Do not blame me, blame my thought filled brain.

My life is perfect. Scott is perfect. I could not imagine anything that could ruin my perfect life right now.