Between An Unlikely Pair

Aless POV

-TheAlchemicFox

         Someone like me?

"Alice you're an idiot, Alice you're an idiot. Alice. You're an idiot." I muttered to myself, eyes scrunched shut, tightly, as if it would make me disappear. Why did I have to say that? Now Fox would be freaked out for sure, I bet she'll cancel the collab. Was there even going to be a collab? Probably not. There's no way she'd want to do a collab with a fan... right? Oooohh... what to do, what to do... Fuck it. I couldn't bring myself to lie to her, it would only mess this up more.

I gripped my phone hesitantly, breathing deeply and slowly in attempt to calm down. It worked, slightly, but even so I managed to type shakily.

Ah... Yeah, I've been following your channel for a while, you inspire me. So hearing you say that is kinda surreal.

As soon as it sent a croak squeezed from my throat.
"I regret so many things." I breathed out hurriedly, as though the speed of my speech could some how skip to a time of calm, peace. I could almost rest easy for a moment, the illusion blinding my vision- but nope. Just as my aching shoulders relaxed my phone pinged obnoxiously and I almost couldn't help but glare childishly at it. I didn't need to pick up my phone to see the message. It was short, but most definitely wasn't sweet. It wasn't particularly sour either, it was rather... Plain. A plain message with zero context but a million different possibilities.

-TheAlchemicFox

      Oh.

I sat there for a moment, staring blankly at my phone screen, just blinking silently. I stayed like that for a while longer until I subconsciously cursed at myself, sighing out dramatically.
"That's it! I'm going to delete myself! Bye, bye, channel. Bye, bye, Aless." To punctuate my words I flipped backwards, almost banging my head as I did so.

Throughout my panic my phone hasn't pinged. I grew increasingly more anxious, was Fox really that uncomfortable to converse with a fan? About a collab no less. Despite the charming females kindness, no one could be blamed for wanting to be cautious around this topic with their fans. I tried to give it a minute, Fox was busy. She couldn't always message back right away, but even so, a small voice in the back of my mind seemed to disagree. 'She managed to reply with that' it reminded me, annoyingly.

I sighed again, pulling myself up. I decided to wait and see if Fox would reply again, and if not I would. Yeah, I can do that. So I stood up, determined this was just a silly message and the bigger picture was going to be so much brighter. With that thought it mind, I proceeded to my kitchen to get some water. As the chilled liquid sloshed into the glass I heard a distant ping in the background, at first I thought nothing of it until I had processed what it meant and froze up. Within seconds I had dropped my glass into the sink, just barely shutting the water off before I raced through to my phone and diving at it.

Inputting a password had never been so hard, but once so got it open my eyes scanned the Twitter feed eagerly, only to realise no new message had arrived here but there was a Skype icon at the top of my screen. I cursed inwardly, sluggishly opening up the app. Right, the group chat, I almost forgot about that.

-TheGoobleCat
Hello nerds of all types, how are you all?

I rolled my eyes, chuckling. I was going to reply in a similar fashion, declaring her a dork. I was going to ask how she was too. I was going to have a normal, mannered conversation. My brain, however, disagreed completely and seemed to have other ideas. Before I knew what I was doing I had already replied.

IM DEAD

Completely normal and trustworthy, I know. I could probably guess the phrasing  I could have been improved due to the reply that followed.

-TheGoobleCat

0.0 um... You okay there Alurdle?

I AM 100% PERFECTLY NOT OKAY

I could practically hear my fingers screaming, I knew it didn't make sense but that was besides the point.

-WARHORSE
Hi. What's up Alice?

FOX MESSAGED ME.

-TheGoobleCat
Ohoho really? Hey Sydney you owe me an alpaca.

-Sydney Shellhart
Goddamn it, I was so confident.

Um... What?

-TheGoobleCat
Nothing, nothing! So anyway, tell us about your romantic time with Fox ;)

...
THEY ASKED TO COLLAB????? IM?????

-TheGoobleCat
OH FUCK. THATS GREAT! OMFG WE HAVE BEEN BLESSED!!!!!!

-Sydney Shellhart
Well this is new. IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU ALICE!

NOT OKAY. But I want to know about the fact Sydney now owes Shannon an alpaca.

-TheGoobleCat
PFF. No you don't

I do. I really do.

-TheGoobleCat
...
So anyway that sweet Fox collab huh?

I shook my head at her, even if she couldn't see it. They were both up to something and I didn't like the sound of it, knowing Shannon if she were to do something it was something big, or definitely interesting at least. Which made me just that much more anxious about what they were planning.

-WARHORSE
THATS AWESOME.

THANKS. JUST DYING BECAUSE I MADE FOX HATE ME AJAHHAHAHA

-TheGoobleCat
Wat.

Ahh, as caring as ever, I chuckled to myself.

May have told them I'm a fan and now they aren't replying, just gonna delete my channel.

-TheGoobleCat
Plz don't I'll cri.
But have you tried messaging them to change the subject?

...
MayHaveLeftHerOnRead.

-WARHORSE
Damnit Aless

-TheGoobleCat
W.
ALESS WYD.

THEY SOUNDED MAD, LMAO

-TheGoobleCat
Just message them and see what happens, she obviously wanted to collab for a reason so you shouldn't worry.

Ah, thanks Shannon. I'm going to try and not die :')

-TheGoobleCat
It's whatever really.

DID YOU JUST? DID YOU FUCKING JUST?

-TheGoobleCat
HEEHEE

HEEHEE UR WAY TO HELL.

With that I closed the app, letting the others talk as I tried to get my thoughts straight. Cat had a point, Fox tweeted me asking to collab. So that had to mean she didn't not want to, right?

Biting at the inside of my lip I opened up the Twitter app and took a shaky breath. Here goes...