Only One For Me

At birth, each child is given something to do with their mate, whether it is a piece of jewelry or clothing or something that smells like them. At age 18 each wolf is given a black mark by the moon goddess that matches their mates mark. The marks are on the pad of each wolf’s index finger and when two mates touch their marks together in acceptance, the marks turns bright red. When vampires are born they immediately given another vampire that they will marry and exchange blood with to show that they belong together. In the royal family, the vampire king will pick the two partners and it is always with another vampire with royal blood to keep them pure. With vampires, there are no such things as soul mates, and it is forbidden to reject your gives partner. _____________________________________ Elizabeth Kingston is the vampire princess next in line for the throne. When she was born she was partnered with a very possessive and old vampire named Jules Dracula. Not the Dracula, but a close relative. He only wants her for the throne and persuaded the king to give her to him. When Elizabeth turned 16 she was given a gift from a strange, yet beautiful woman that she met in the woods. It was a platinum locket with a small diamond in the middle that glowed a slow and steady blue. For the next hundred years she wore that necklace and never took it off. The shade of blue would change just a little every fifty years or so. It is vampire custom to officially bond with your given partner by the time the youngest of the pair turns 1118 years old. Elizabeth only had two more years until she would forever be bonded to her betrothed. She was dreading that day. For some reason her heart grew sad whenever she thought about it, and her locket would grow colder. _____________________________________ For over a hundred years Dalton, a wolf, had been jumping from one host body to another once the previous one would die. For each new body he would bring his locket. He just knew his soul mate had the same one. The front had a small diamond that emitted a soft blue light. He had never met his mate in any of his previous hosts yet because they all died by the time they turned 20. But finally, he is given a host named Shane Delta. In recent society wolf children were given last names of their rank. Dalton had a feeling that this boy would be different. The locket gave off a more pinkish tint than ever before. He just knew that he would find his mate with this lifetime. He could feel it. Shane had just as much motivation and hope as Dalton, and they both were determined to find her.