*CHAPTER ONE*

---
Hey you guys....
---

"Hey Julie!" My Bestfriend Rachel came up to me squealing.

"Whoa, what's got you all excited?" I asked chuckling at her enthusiasm.

"Oh you know why! It's the last week of school, Jules. Then it's goodbye High Mill High school!" She said squeezing her textbooks to her chest. I rolled my eyes at the name "Jules". She knows I hate to be called that, but she's the only person I'd tolerate saying that.

"For now." I laugh. She gives me a puzzled look. "You know we still have to come back and finish senior year right?" I question. She sighs.

"I wanna see the world." She smiles. I shake my head as we continue walking down the infested halls filled with stupid teenagers. "We just have this last week and we can go on our big trip." She squeals again. I chuckle.

"Yeah, well-" I was saying until I cam in contact with something hard, making me drop my textbooks.

"Watch where you're going junior." The tall boy spits. I bend down to pick up my books. I notice that he still didn't move.

"What's your problem, do you seniors not understand what directions are? I'm sorry that you think your all big and bad, but sorry hunny to burst your already popped bubble, but you don't scare me, so I suggest you leave me alone and stop trying so hard with your so called 'intimidating stares'." I spit back at him.

The tall boy's jaw tightens. We glare at each other. I wasn't going to be the first one to break the eye contact, no way, now how. Then he laughs.

"A girl with backbone? Nice. What's your name?" He asked. What the heck? Is this guy bipolar or something?! I thought.

"My name is Julie." I say showing no emotion. He nods.

"My names Bryce, catch you later." He winks, walking away.

"What the heck was that all about?" Laughed Rachel.

"I have no clue." I shook my head, continuing to walk down the hallway that was becoming a lot more empty.

"That guy must me bipolar." Rachel snorted, I laugh at that. "True, that's exactly what I was thinking!" Just then the bell goes off, signaling that all students should be getting to their first period class. I look at at Rachel, "We better hurry, we don't want to be yelled at again by Mr. Phillips." I roll my eyes. Rachel nods and we head off to our class.

----

Mr. Phillip's taught maths. I hated maths. My lowest grade out of all my classes was of course maths. I didn't understand it at time, but at other times I thought I was finally learning to understand it, but then I get hit in the face with this thing called "reality" and that's where I fail.

So there we were sitting in my maths class, doing work as usual. Mr. Phillips never gave us anything fun to do, even if it was the last week of school. He always told us, "Anything fun isn't healthy for your brain, you'll forget the important things." That guy really needs to relax.

We had been sitting in his class for what seemed like forever until the bell goes off. Everyone started to get up to head to their locker to grab the items for their next class. "What do y'all think y'all are doing? The bell doesn't release you, I do!" He yelled at us. I rolled my eyes. "Then what was the bell made for?" Rachel rolled her eyes.

"Do you really think it's ideal to be getting detention on the last week of school, miss?" He asks. Rachel rolls her eyes as we all exit his classroom.

Me and Rachel walk side by side to our lockers. We had lockers right next to each other, how lucky of us.

I put my maths textbook in the locker and grabbed out my chemistry book along with my chemistry notes. This was the only period that me and Rachel didn't have together.

"Hey I won't see you at lunch today." Rachel said.

"What, why?!" I ask.

"I'm going to get a head start on packing for our trip." She says. I roll my eyes.

"Really? You don't have to pack right now." I say.

"Yes I do! I have to find the perfect outfits to wear, you never know what cute guy you might bump into in the city, seeing as we've never been there." She winks, closing her locker shut.

I roll my eyes and head to my Chemistry class.

Yep that's right, we are going to the city, a place I've always wanted to go, finally I get the opportunity to go and I can bring my Bestfriend! How lucky can I get? I'm finally glad that I have a chance to get out this sad excuse for a town.

---
Hope you enjoyed that chapter, I know it was short, but oh well!
---