#DTBYRevenge

It's the last week of DTBY so let's play devil's advocate. Despite this series' shortcomings, there are good points we can appreciate. The fandom has already raised excellent and compelling commentary on the story on social media. A lot of fans hung on simply pordalab if they hadn't left yet.

So let's put the spotlight on the scenes (forget about the story all together) that elicited feelings other than frustration (because Maine and Alden and the rest of the cast and crew spent countless hours to film these scenes, losing precious sleep to give us a good show). It's GV-GV time (steals Trish's wine glass and gulps it down).

Recap

Benjie immediately calls his mom to soothe his pained spirit and his mom tells him not to give up until he patches things up with Trish. Meanwhile, Sinag is with the "comic relief cast" who try to talk her out of approaching Trish again. But our female lead is the epitome of all things good and righteous so of course she has to apologize and face the yandere's wrath.

Trish is sulking fuming in her resort room (take note, she's a grown up station manager attending the company outing, of which she is in charge of, and she's sulking in her room like a teenager), ignoring calls on her phone. Her mom (who puts women half her age, including her daughter, to shame with how hot and flawless she is) forces her to get up and reconcile with Benjie (cause he's their meal ticket yo!), convincing her to place all the blame on Sinag (even though she has done everything to avoid the jerk).

Tatay Teddy is once again drunk and Sally berates him again for adding to Sinag's worries. He allays her by conceding that he does need an agent. Sally is all like, "Thank God you're finally listening to me." Meanwhile, another parent is stealing the scene. While Sinag is searching for Trish, she runs into Trish's mom (who we later learn is named Ramona), who of course verbally attacks and publicly embarrasses our female lead (who in turn has been reduced to that spineless melodrama female lead that M used to joke about. Maybe it's the show's way of preaching what guilt does to people). She just dejectedly and guiltily walks away.

Back in Rosales Development, our original-secondary-antagonist-who-has-lost-her-relevance-when-Trish-entered-the-picture, Marjorie (yes, she is still trying to get a bra to pass off as appropriate office attire), gets a call from our Yandere (how she got her number when they practically hate each other, I have no clue) to get information about Sinag and her past with Benjie. She finds out that Sinag and Benjie were never in an official relationship. So now Trish has found a new "bestie" to use and a new object of her pent up anger issues.

Nanay Sally loses her cool when she finds out what happened to Sinag. This of course sets the stage for a mommy war between her and Ramona, who pops up in the scene later. So far, Badong as the official boyfriend has not made himself useful to make Sinag feel better. It is at this point that he finally seeks her out to lend his presence.

Alas, Benjie (who looks bigger on screen because of the horizontal stripes on his shirt. I'm starting to think that the show's styling team has something against its actors) beats Badong in comforting SInag. He brings her a cold treat (of course, it's Magnolia ice cream, the new flavors. We get another TVC within the show, like it's the only way for the two to have a scene together) to make her feel better. At first, Sinag tries to avoid being seen with him again, but accepts the ice cream and his company in the end.

Sally and Ramona finally meet and face off. Ninay backs up Sally as she goes head to head with the show's resident evil mother (apparently, every TS has to have an evil mother. And since Sally, Amanda, Helen are "good," Marjorie doesn't have a mom and Catalina doesn't have a child, they need Ramona to step up for the role. Evil moms have this distinct brand of evil that other antagonists don't have). Sally has the last laugh.