●Chapter Five●

I abruptly halted and came to a stop. "Chris! Help me!"

He jogged his way over to me and queried, "Why? What happened?"

I pointed to the three burly men in the distance that had stopped chasing after me.

What? Why did they stop?

I switched my focus to Chris, my boyfriend but his face had changed from confused to sinister.

Those soft innocent deep sea blue eyes were replaced with an atrocious twinkle in it. His worried frown was transformed into an impudent crooked smile.

I gasped and stepped backwards. He was behind it all the time and to think that I had trusted him was so foolish of me. How could I have ever think that he was a reliable trustworthy person?

"You know Ezra, it was quite the scene to see your grandmother perish without anyone defending her," he fiendly spoke and took a step towards me.

"How could you?" I questioned and took a step backwards, not wanting to be near this monster of a person.

"How could I, you ask. It was simple, Ezra. We snuck into the house when you were in bed having a slumber and we went to her room and slayed her with a dagger straight to the heart," he menacingly elaborated, taking another step towards me.

The image of my dead grandmother's eyes reflected in my mind and I had to stop the prickling feeling of tears instantly rushing to my eyes.

Quivering, I glared at him and shook my head in disgust, anger and bravery. "What do you want from me, Chris?"

He bristled and spoke, "You. I want you-" then he paused.

I shuddered at his sudden desirable outburst and the coldness around me. But it wasn't what he had said that was triggering, it was how he had said it.

With my eyes widened and mouth gaping at him, I accusingly said, "It was you, wasn't it? That night. In my room. It was you."

He nodded slowly and his eyes twinkled with mischief.

"Who is this 'lord' you spoke about?" I asked, needing an answer to that question.

"You will meet him soon enough," he said curtly.

My fear had grew just as much as my curiosity. I needed to find a way out of the trap and I needed a plan right now.

If I could seduce him into a kiss, I could possibly grab my knife out of my backpack and stab him with it. That way, I could escape into the forest.

"You know-" I paused and took slow alluring steps to him as that was one method I always got to attract his attention. "-since you're my boyfriend. I say, let's ditch this 'lord' of yours and flee off to somewhere together."

He stood frozen in his spot and I knew my seduction was keeping him captive.

I stood in front of him and looked at his pink lips that looked awfully kissable. Too bad he's an assassinator or who knows, we could've actually hit it off together.

I looked up to his eyes. The one thing that used to keep me mesmerized but now all I see is the cold eyes of a killer.

His adam's apple bobbed up and down as evidence that he had swallowed his saliva. This was a reaction I always got when he was nervous.

"Ezra, you know we can't do-" he had managed to say before I interrupted him with a kiss.

Our lips met passionately and I had poured out all of my distraught into that one kiss.

I slipped my right hand into my backpack and grabbed a hold of the knife. I took it out with the one hand and brought it to my side.

Kissing him still, my left hand traveled into his undeniable soft stands of hair. His eyes were closed and I positioned the knife over his heart just like he did to my grandmother.

I launched the knife into his neck instead. Having a conscious as every human being, I knew that I would have that horrible action engraved into my mind so I stabbed it into his neck.

He screamed and fell to the snow covered ground and I instinctively took a step back. His blood was flowing freely out and on to the snow and his hand itched to pull the knife out of but he didn't had the strength to.

Although I was dumbfounded at what I did, I got a control over myself and started to run again in the direction of the forest.

Glancing back at him laying on the ground with blood covered snow surrounding him, I saw the three burly men running after me.

My speed boosted up and I ran across the snow heading towards the forest. The forest was just a few steps away and with one look backwards, I got to the border of the forest.

Hearing the profanities flowing out of their mouths and their thundering feet nearing, I immediately got rid of my fears and ran into the forest.

I stood behind a tree's trunk and when I glanced back to check if I was being followed, the men were standing at the border.

Why aren't they chasing after me? Was it because they were afraid of the black wolves?

I felt a small smile crept on to my face because of my victory that I had managed to escape but the smile had turned into a frown immediately after because of the escape route I took.

I groaned in despair and slid down to the tree's base. There, I took out a bottle of water and greedily gulped it down. I wasn't hungry but I knew I had to eat something because I didn't eat breakfast.

I took an apple out and took bites of it until it was finished. Throwing the leftovers away, I got back to my feet and started my journey to god knows where.

I decided I should go north and maybe I would be able to find houses and a major road so that I could get a ride to a motel.

Humming a song to distract myself from the possibly long distance, I heard a crunch in the path behind me.

I swiftly turned around to catch the sight of someone or something but all there was, were enormous trees and the sun emitting on to the falling leaves.

The wind gushed, moving some leaves into the air and letting it to fall gracefully on to the forest floor. It made a swish sound by my ear almost as if it was whispering into my ear.

Turning back around to resume back to walking, I jumped and squealed in surprise and fright and stepped backwards.

His shoes were glistening in the sun as he tapped his right foot. His trousers clutched on to his muscular thighs. His broad shoulders were enveloped by his matching jacket and the tie complimented his perfectly chiseled jawline. This tuxedo seemed as if it was recently purchased from a high standard clothing store and it showed every detail of his masculinity. His red, full tempting lips was drawn up into a smirk.

Does he know I was checking him out? Of course he does, Ezra.

His breathing was slow but steady through his slightly crooked nose and had led up to his perfectly grey eyes that had specks of blue outlined by his soft ruffled black hair with strands that fell freely on to his face .

I was mesmerized by this godly figured human being.

But who was he?

~Author Mistress_Elf

Thank you! =)