Desire for Disaster

Desire for Disaster

Everlie was sitting on the end of her car with her best friend, Grace. It was one of those miserable summer days where it felt like hell being outside, but there really wasn't any other option. Grace's stepfather was having a meeting in his office and didn't want anyone around the house to disturb. Their original plan was to go to the movies or mall, but that plan got sidetracked once they stepped outside.

Everlie knew the elderly couple living next door was moving out, but she had no idea it was so sudden, or who those particular people might be. Everlie couldn't hide her confused face from Grace as she watched three guy, looking anywhere from 18-24, unpack their U-HAUL .

"Do you know them or something?" Grace asked Everlie

"Not the slightest," she said, not breaking her gaze away from the three guys, "but don't you think it's kind of weird three guys living in this neighborhood?"

"Well firstly, they could be helping unpack for whoever is moving in. And secondly... this isn't really a 'neighborhood'... there are only like 5 huge houses," Grace told her trying to make a point.

"Exactly, this isn't like a small neighborhood... I mean what are three guys like that doing moving in this neighborhood?" Everlie knew that if she were talking to anyone else she would sound conceited, like she was bragging about living a in a huge house. But Grace knew Everlie hated it. She hated her stepdad and his money. She hated what money did to people. If her father were alive he would have never wanted Everlie to live like this.

"And that is exactly why I think they're helping someone move in,"

"Who?" Everlie asked, still not accepting Grace's thoughts.

"Well let's go see," Grace said. Everlie could see the glint in Grace's eye. Grace was all about boys. She was a flirt and loved attention. It was well deserved too. Grace was tall with long legs, dark brown hair, and curves in all the right places. She was a knockout, as some boys like to put it. Everlie, on the other hand, was short and skinny. Luckily she did have some boobs, but nothing like the distraction of Grace's. She had long blonde hair, and was pale. All in all she thought she was just a pretty average looking girl, which is why she rolled her eyes at Grace's suggestion.

"Grace we can't just walk over to some persons house because you want to check them out," Everlie whined to Grace.

"Everlie, we can too," she told her in the same tone, "plus, don't you want to see if they're your new neighbors? I sure as hell do!" Grace commented enthusiastically.

Everlie knew she lost the battle and so did Grace. She was secretively extremely curious as to who these guys were, "Fine, let's go."

As an un-discussed rule, Grace always did the talking first, Everlie was just too shy. When they got to the next yard it was like the three boys noticed them at once, all stopping what they were doing, "Hey boys," Grace said confidently, "we saw you guys moving in over here... or helping moving in and thought we'd come introduce ourselves," Grace said wink a smirk. She always had a way with the boys. And it looked like her charm was working on these guys too, except for the one standing furthest away, his eyes seemed to be glued to Everlie.

"Well wasn't that sweet of you," the guy with blonde hair said, never taking his eyes from Grace, "and actually we are moving in here... I mean me and my two brothers," he said indicating the one next to him and the big one behind him, "I'm Nolan Bauer, that's Carson, my twin" he said pointing to the guy next to him, "And that's Jackson, or older brother" Nolan finished pointing to the third brother that couldn't stop starring at Everlie.

"Well I'm Grace Gauss," she said confidently then turned to Everlie.

Everlie cleared her throat, "I'm Everlie LaVeine," she said quietly.