Ballroom Dance

Friday morning was already starting and for Marinette, who didn't have a date, was texting Alya about her date and who to go out with. Adrien was her first choice but he was (without a choice) taken by Chloe. However, no Adrien meant no date for Marinette. Her eyes gazed at only Adrien. The ball was taking place from 6:00 PM to 12:00 AM, but at school, time could never go slower as everyone waited for 6:00 PM. 

 After 5 billion years (I exaggerated that a "bit"), the last school bell of the day rang and Marinette sped past everyone, her homework frazzled in her arms. She rushed into her bedroom  without daring to wait for Alya and took a shower right away. 

 Marinette started doing her hair into pigtails but quickly switched to a pony. Ugh. Not this, she thought and did into a messy bun with a red ribbon that fit pretty well with her dress. She tossed around her sketches, searching her cherry lip gloss and eventually tinting her lips with it. After pulling on her dress, she texted Alya and looked at the clock say 5:00 PM. She rushed to the bakery exit and slipped on 5cm heels, all black and glittery. Waiting for Alya to come, she glanced at the clock already saying 5:25 and that moment, Nino, with a blue blazer, and Alya, in her orange and blue dress, were standing in front of her. She hugged Alya and waved at Nino, walking out with them drastically, laughing at a joke from Nino. 5 minutes later, they were at the school entrance. 

 A ten minute wait and the trio saw a limousine pull up at the school. Adrien was coming out with a gloomy look because Chloe had walked out, her yellow dress making her look more like a bumblebee. Adrien wasn't in his best shape, his shirt was half tucked in and nothing could be worse for Marinette than a dreary Adrien. Adrien looked up at his friends and got awestruck at Marinette. How, all of a sudden, can someone look so ... pretty? he thought. Marinette blushed deep pink at Adrien's dumbfounded stare. The awkward moment was broken by Adrien's wave and his lopsided smile. Marinette, like always, was blushing hard. 

The school clock rang 6:00 and everyone was looking to see the disco ball with white and black streamers flowing everywhere. Adrien and Marinette turned to each other and once again, their eyes locked, a deeper tint of pink growing by the moment. Chloe, sadly, dragged Adrien. Marinette, frowning, walked onto the dance floor, a sad blues to start the dance. 

 Marinette glided past Adrien and "coincidentally" brushed each others' hands. Their eyes met, their gaze stiffened and their was no movement between the two. 

 It felt as though time stopped. 

Ay! Sorry, this chapter was so short and sorta cheesy. I promise the next chapter will be way more longer. Thanks! *hint: the next chapter - Adrien might lose his miraculous*