Endless

"Are you going to do it again?", Asked her friend Taylah, in a careful voice, afraid that if she spoke more enthusiastically she would be encouraging her best friend to do so.

They were definitely in a crazy age. People said they exaggerated but no teenager in the whole world would say these years were easy. And, as they preferred to act crazy and happy much more than being depressed, they did what most people would characterise as... extreme.

"Say what again?", asked Audrey, barely interested in the conversation and more locked in in her own thoughts. "I asked", she started," if you were going to do it again," Taylah was getting tired of Audrey, always in her own world and not paying to her. Taylah made a weird face. "you have no idea of what I'm talking about, am I right?", Asked the young girl, in a tired voice. "nope", answered Audrey, crossing her eyes as she stroked the lockets of her blond, curly hair. "What you did last month", she said, trying to make her friend remember. As soon as she saw her friend's inquisitive face,"parachuting?", she added.

"Oh", she said, in an unworried voice,"that!" she shrugged and made a face. "I'm not sure I could afford it again; the lessons are very expensive!" Taylah shrugged, too, and nodded. There didn't seem to be much to say.

They had been in the cafeteria a bit more than an hour, but had actually talked barely 15 minutes. Taylah tried to start a new conversation but Audrey somehow always found a way to close them up. Taylah was bored. The blond girl in front of her had her legs crossed (movement that Taylah tried to copy) and was now staring at the window were autumn was now making act of presence. The sunset illuminated beautifully the buildings and gave it a story-tale-like picture. The landscape reflected in her friend's eyes and made her look so, so beautiful. Taylah couldn't help but feeling a painful jealousy sting in the darkest part of her mind. There was a handsome boy that had been checking her out for the last half hour but she was just too stupid to realise. If only Taylah were like Audrey! Those healthy-pink lips that didn't need make-up, those beautiful honey eyes (which were a strange were a strange, but yet beautiful combination with a blond hair; not usual). If only she had that hair, a golden field capable

of reflecting oneself's jealousy on yourself and making you feel awful. She was thin, but not skeleticall. Thin legs, thin arms but no a sharp face. her face was delicate, as if sculptured in ice and didn't make sense with the incredible strength she possessed. She looked young, but not childish. Unlike the stereotype, she was a smart girl, a very smart, blond, beautiful girl. And she was kind and generous. She had that look in her eyes that made you wonder what she was thinking about, and a special little bright light in the corner of each pupil that made her look even better.

And then was her big issue. She was always distracted, locked in her own world, having non-existing conversations. And that made her interesting, very interesting. The saddest part was that, when you asked her, she didn't (or claimed to not) remember what she had been thinking about. After that, happened something much more interesting, but only sometimes. Sometimes she drew symbols in her leg, with her finger. They were all very complicate. Once, Taylah had taken a notebook and a pencil to a "play-date" (or so Audrey called them, faking an Australian accent), she had taken her pencil and recorded in her mind every movement her friend did and tried to draw them. Unlike what she had expected, this was incredibly hard. She saw Audrey's pointing finger "drawing" in her leg, the part that was precisely under her white skirt. She had her legs crossed and her god damn perfect caramel legs were shiny, she was like a real-life tumblr girl. Desesperating. So, Taylah tried to draw.

NOTE: I started this book in an ummmm... Real-life book and I had a drawing in it of the symbol. I don't know hoe to describe it so I preferred to draw it and put it as the cover of my book. Long story short, the symbol on the cover is the symbol Audrey draws in her leg.

Once she had finished, Taylah realised that the symbol was not something she had seen ever before.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Taylah was getting tired of that gut-destroyer feeling of jealousy she had for her friend. Feeling that way always left Taylah exhausted. "Can we please go home? It's getting dark outside", said Taylah, aware of her friend's movements.