The End

Chapter Twenty-Two

I don’t want to be here, anymore. I try to move side to side, but I can’t. I’m centered right over top my body, my back resting against the ceiling. Abbadon has stolen my body. I can’t fly anywhere; I can’t get back inside.

So I just watch. Watch as my hands kill Doctor Burke. Then I am carried away along after my body as the demon inside of it walks out the door and into the hallway.

Almost instantly, security guards are on me, and restrain my body. There are so many of them and Abbadon quits even fighting. I’m in a straightjacket again. Secretly floating up by the ceiling, though, I rejoice that I will never have to be in one of those again if Abbadon stays in my body.

I watch as Doctor Bornocone is called in and he goes into Doctor Burke’s office, finds his dead body.

She strangled him! How the FUCK did she have the strength to do that? Would anyone like to explain how the hell this happened?”

“We don’t know, Doctor, but she came out of the room and into the hallway, didn’t even try to resist our restraints, but we stopped her anyway because no patients should be in the halls unattended.”

“You idiots!” Doctor Bornocone yells. “You didn’t hear a single noise coming from his office?”

No one answers, for lack of what to say.

“Because you can’t do your fucking job, Doctor Burke is dead! What do you have to say for that?”

Still silence.

“Come with me, you sweet little bitch. Lobotomy is waiting.”

If I could make a sound, I would. But all I can do is to  be dragged along with my body and the psycho man.  

 Now they’ll keep me alive forever, following their little rules, being a good girl. And that’s just as bad as being unattached with my body. Either way, I won’t be able to do anything. Always controlled. That’s the one thing I never wanted to happen to me.

I want to scream, rip my hair out, slit my wrists, but I can’t do anything but watch, as Doctor Bornocone takes me to the Lobotomy Room, and signs the contract for the operator to fuck with my brain so I won’t really be in there, anymore.

Maybe this really is the same thing as dying. Maybe Abbadon is doing me a favor.

Wrong, sweetheart,” I hear Sam’s voice say.

Suddenly I am back in my body, gasping for air. Immediately I remember where I am, and fight to get free. I am too scared to let them do this to me.

“Oh, now, she puts up a fight. Not going to help, now, honey; you’re already in the straightjacket,” Doctor Bornocone says.

“Let me go. Don’t do this. I was possessed!” I scream in a fit of desperation.

He barks out a string of laughter and profanity. “As if saying that would help your situation, now. Shut up or I will gag you.”

I shut up. There’s no way I can stop this, now. I can’t say a single thing to anyone to prove I am not crazy, because I am. I can’t say anything to make anyone believe I didn’t kill my fucking psychiatrist. I am majorly fucked.

×

The paperwork is finished. I mentally say goodbye to everything I ever knew. Everyone who ever meant anything in my life. But the only person who fits into that category is Sam. When I die, eventually, I hope I will be with her. REALLY her, not a cheap demon’s interpretation of her.