Chapter 12

"I'll explain that later, but first tell me why you were on my phone in the first place." Tuukka snapped, growing increasingly angry. He tried to keep calm, but his temper has never been too easy to control.

"Well, when we were at the hospital earlier today, you freaked out at me for touching your phone when I was only checking the time. I thought you were hiding something from me." Kate answered, ashamed. She knew she shouldn't have looked at his phone.

"But why does that give you the right to snoop on my business? You could've just asked."

"I didn't want to seem crazy, although I'm sure I do now. It's just that my ex cheated on me a couple of months ago, and it's kind of hard for me to trust people. So I'm sorry, but you have to understand why I did it. You were acting shady. Now can you tell me why you were texting my roommate?" Kate retorted.

"Because I was asking her what kind of food you liked, Kate. I was planning on making you a surprise breakfast tommorow morning, but I didn't know what you liked, so I texted Olivia and asked her. You can read the texts if you want." He said matter of factly, handing Kate his phone.

"No, no. I believe you. I'm so sorry that I went on your phone, especially now that I know what you were hiding. It wasn't my place. I shouldn't have done it."

"It's OK, babe. I'm sorry, too."

"Why the hell are you sorry? I'm the one who did something wrong here." Kate asked.

"Because I should've known better than to act like that, and I shouldn't have freaked out like that. I just wanted to surprise you. After all, it's the least I could do." Tuukka answered. He was about to say more, when he was cut off by Kate's lips. She was so in love; the fact that he cared about her so much that he went through all of this trouble just to make her happy meant the world to her. She felt so bad about what she had done. "Just know that I would never cheat on you, Kate. Never in a million years."

"I'm so sorry, Tuukka."

"I know how you can make it up to me." Tuukka said seductively.

"And how is that?" Kate inquired, even though she knew what he was going to say.

"Kiss me."