Seven

So, hey guys. If you like the story, you can comment, vote. If you think there might be scenes that might need tweaking, or there's an issue or whatever, you can always mention it. Oh, and I didn't realize I had to warn the Universe that I wrote, uh, explicitly. Just know, if it's me, and it says Rated R, it's going to be explicit. Always. Also, you can follow my tumblr blog, RaucousLover, and share the story with your buddies.

So, uh, here's chapter Seven.

*********************

Hiding in the mall bathroom, I stared at myself in the smudged mirror, trying to control my breathing. There were creaks as women walked in and out through the heavy door, some stopping and eyeing me suspiciously, some hesitant to stop and talk to me. I ignored them; I had no choice. If I spoke to even one person, I'd break down.

After the little boy had got his autographs, hugged me once more, I was left standing uncomfortably between rising tension from both Rhodes and Orton, and increasing discomfort from Damien. I saw a nerve work in Randy's jaw as he looked down at the younger male. Cody, for his part, was standing there either oblivious to the growing threat, or with a bravado that even I couldn't muster. He'd turned away abruptly, taking me lightly by the hand, and pulling me towards the ice cream store. "You brought it up to that kid, and now I want it," he'd joked. I cracked a smile despite my nervousness, but caught Randy looking at us in what was a mix of shock, and some other emotion that scared me, that I couldn't identify. I untangled my hand from Cody's, not only unsettled by Randy but with the easy intimacy he displayed, and ran to the bathroom.

I washed my face, walked over to the door and swung it open. Walking out, I nearly screamed when I saw Cody leaning against the wall, staring at the ceiling, his lips moving rhythmically moving as if he were reciting a poem or counting or -

"What are you doing?" I laughed. He turned with a start, nearly stumbling. He shook his head, a small smile taking his mouth, and I couldn't help but giggle.

He rested against the wall again, head tilted back. "Sometimes I count when I'm trying to concentrate, or at least, I'm concentrating, and people tell me I count. I didn't think that I actually did it." He turned and looked at me, half smiling. "Now I look like a crazy person."

I shrugged, walked out into the hall. "We're all a little nuts, that's what I think. If we weren't, we'd never stay sane."

He tilted his head, his eyes narrowed as he considered what I'd said. "That makes a confusing amount of sense."

"I usually do." I pulled my satchel around to my side, checked my watch. "Damn, it's already four. And I needed new boots." I narrowed my eyes in concentration, looked back at Cody. "What time does the flight leave?"

He straightened. "You mean, the one to Orlando?" I made a face that plainly said duh. He smirked. "I think it boards at like six. So we've gotta be back at the airport by five, five-thirty at the latest."

I did the calculations in my head - which wasn't easy. It was a fifteen minute drive from here to the hotel, another half hour to gather all my crap. Maybe forty five minutes. Then a twenty minute drive to the airport from the hotel. If I ran, I could be back in time...

I turned to Cody, slipped out of my kicks. "Time me," I said, before turning towards Garage and taking off in a sprint.

*********************

The flight attendant shot me a nasty look as a I boarded the plane, and I frowned. I took in the passengers; there were several other superstars on board, including Dolph, Cody, Cesaro, AJ and -