Chapter 3

As I shoved the bobby pen in the lock for the 100th time, I realized there was no hope. I heard my moms keys go into the door and I tried to yank the bobby pen out but it was stuck. She opened the door and found me knelt down trying to pick a lock.
"What do you think you're doing?" She asked.
"I wanna be a Girl Scout?" I said in a high pitched I'm sorry voice.
My mom sighed and tilted her head.
"Come into the kitchen, we're gonna make some dinner." She said.
"Dad said he could pick up pizza when he gets home." I said standing up.
"I just thought we could have a meal together." My mom said.
"What do you have in mind?" I asked, not daring to argue.
"Tacos." She said carrying the grocery bags into the kitchen.
"Should I call dad and tell him?" I asked following her into the kitchen.
"Sure. I'll make the meat, you set up the topping station." She said setting the groceries down.
I pulled out three bowls and set the neatly on the table. I filled one with lettuce, another with shredded cheese, and the last one was for the tomatoes which my parents only eat. I put the remaining bags in the fridge and got out the sour cream. I stirred it with a spoon and placed the container next to the other toppings. Lastly, I put a couple soft shells in the microwave and set the timer for 20 seconds. I set the plate of shells on the table and walked into the living room. I picked up my phone and saw that I had a message from Amelia. It said 'nuthin y?' I hit the reply button and typed 'got any plans for tomorrow?' I clicked the home button and called my dad.
"Hey honey!" He said.
"Hey dad, moms making tacos so you don't need to get pizza." I said.
"She told me. I'm already home." He said sounding awfully happy.
"Where are you?" I asked looking around.
"Open the front door." He said.
I slowly approached the front door and gripped the knob. I twisted and pulled the door open. I saw my dad holding a bouquet of roses and he was standing behind a beautiful outfit. It was laid out perfectly and strangely didn't blow away. It was black and strapless on top and below was a peach silky skirt which formed a professional yet casual dress. There were strapped high heels and a choker necklace with a small diamond in the middle.
"Is that mine?" I asked already knowing the answer.
"You got in!" He said.
I hopped out of the doorway and leaped into his arms.
"I can't believe I got in!" I said crying tears of joy.
Just in case you're confused, I got into an orchestra camp for high schoolers that are extra advanced and since I'm so good, I applied. There were a lot of difficult stages and I have up hope. But now I guess I got in.
"Since I'm such a wonderful daughter, can I go to the party?" I asked. "Mom said it wasn't the same as hanging out with friends but it's still socializing."
"What do you think the dress is for?" He asked.
I hugged him even tighter.