My Bestfriend's Wedding : Badong's Story

Written By: msgerbie
Written For: BlueLovesSilver
TS Clichè: Laging ending ay isang engrandeng kasalan ng mga bida.

------------------------------------------------------

My best friend's wedding.

I watch her walk towards the man she loves, the one she fought for, the one she almost died for, and although I am happy for her, the ache in my heart, is just as sharp, biting, almost unbearable.

But I can take it. I have to.

Smile Badong. Don't let anyone see. Don't let them know that you're anything less than thrilled. For her.

She looks beautiful. She has always been beautiful in my eyes, but she has never looked this shining when we were still together.

Lord, I can't help but wonder, how is it possible to love another person your whole life and she not feel the same way about me.

Ano bang kulang sa akin? Why am I not enough?

Ang tanga ko lang kasi. I had 20 years and I didn't do anything about it. He had her for a couple of months, and she was his.

It's my fault, too, ano po. I became complacent. I thought that because you took my parents from me, you'd be kind enough to give me the girl I want, pambawi po kung baga.

Di pala ganoon yun. Life isn't like that. I realize now. We don't receive things in exchange for the things we lost. We don't get what we want even if we think we deserve them. We don't get to control how others feel about us.

Masakit po Lord, but seeing how Sinag ached with her broken heart after finding out about Benjie's faux-death, I realized that I didn't know that kind of pain, even when I lost her.

It was the kind of pain I saw in my dad, when my mother died.

It scares me that people could die of a broken heart, and I just realize that I didn't.

So maybe, I wasn't so broken after all.

The strings of the wedding march penetrated Badong's musings.

God. She's so beautiful. I wish she... No. Enough Badong.

You had your chance. Sumugal ka, but you lost. Accept it like a man.

Tears started running down his cheeks, seeing the girl he loved most of his life marry another.

When soft hands suddenly, wiped away his tears, and intertwined her small hand into his big one.

Smile ka na Badong. Wag ka nang malungkot, Ninay told him.

His heart skipped a bit. He couldn't breathe.

He has never seen Ninay as beautiful as she is right at this moment.

With her eyes teary, her nose red, her lips stretched wide in a smile, and her hands, intertwined in his.

Because really we often don't see, what is right in front of us, because we are too busy looking for that which is beyond us.

He clasped her hand tight, into his chest, her large eyes, grew wide open, as he kissed the back of her hand.

Thank you, Ninay. Please don't let go of my hand.

#