Chapter 11: Wittenbergs

Kennedy Winters *Edited 1/6/15*

        "It actually still smells like him!" I chuckle at Candace as she sniffs the couch cushions after I just told her about Jackson sleeping over. I miss him a lot earlier morning and eventually trekked up stairs and pulled his Carolina hoodie on.

        School ended an hour ago and Candace dropped me off. I had thought it would be awkward seeing Jackson today, but it wasn't. Every time he saw me, he sent a heart warming smile. Sometimes he would attempt to approach me, but I would quickly walk away. I didn't want to talk about last night or why he slept over. I would freeze up and would stutter, so I didn't talk to him, even in class.

        "Oh and can you describe that smell?" I laugh. Her eyes widen and she plunges her nose into the cushion making me laugh harder.

        "No, sorry. It just smells like him," she stands up, "so how did it feel last night?" She asks and plops on the opposite couch.

        "Really nice." I grin and close my eyes picturing it again.

        "I wish Anthony would hold me on the couch," she rolls her eyes and pulls her phone out of her back pocket, frowning, "Mom took an extra shift at the hospital so I gotta go pick Amelia and Liz up from their school. Sorry." She angrily stuffs her phone in her pocket and stands up.

        "Here's your phone. I took it in case Jackson texted." She holds my phone out making me glare at her. I didn't even see her take it. I snatch it out of her hand and walk her to the door.

        "Freak," I mutter jokingly.

        "Hoe." She smirks and shoves me. I laugh and wave her bye as she gets in her car to leave.        

        The new vibration in my hand makes me jump in shock. I slap my forehead in shame that my phone         scared me.

        "Hey Jackson." I grin and start twirling around the house in happiness.

        "Hey why didn't u let me talk to you today?"

        "No reason. What's up sweet cheeks?" I smirk and fall on the couch.

        "Are my cheeks really that sweet?" Jackson asks.

        "Yes, yes they are," I giggle.

        "Okay well you're mine tonight, so be ready at seven sharp." My eyebrows furrow. I am so not going to another cage fight.

        "I'm not going to a cage fight, ya know." I frown.

        "Good because I wasn't taking you there tonight. I want you to meet my family tonight." What? His family? D*mmit, someone else to impress. Now I have to look nice and change out of my sweats.

        "Why do you want me to meet them?" I ask.

        "Because they cook amazing dinners and I'm not letting you stay home tonight with, him." It's almost as if Jackson was getting burned when he said 'him'. I doubt dad would come back tonight and even if he did, he wouldn't worry about me.

        "You want me to sleep at your house?" I ask, bewildered.

        "Yeah, but my parents can't know or they'll question why." I nod slowly.

        "I'm fine sleeping at my house. Dad probably won't come home anyway." I reassure Jackson.

        "You're fine with it, but I'm not. I'll be at your house at seven." With that, the line dies. A wave of anxiety hits me. What if they didn't like me? What if I didn't like them? I mean, they had to be great because they made Jackson, I'll have to congratulate them on their excellent work at making him.