he lived

he woke up a week later, with no idea where he was.

he blinked a few times, the room seeming to blur and unblur, before he could focus on the person sitting next to him.

it was her.

she was sleeping, her chest gently rising and falling with each breath, and a tiny bit of drool escaping the corner of her soft mouth.

but there was a hospital band around her delicate wrist.

his eyes widened when he saw that, and he finally took in the sights of where he was, the sterilized white room, the bed he was in, just the smell of the place.

he slowly pulled his arm out of the sheets, and saw them hospital band on his own wrist, and all he could wonder was.... how?

the door opened to reveal a solemn looking women, a doctor by the looks of her, and she knelt down by his bed with a faint smile. she was talking, talking, talking, but he couldn't seem to hear the words.

he was alive.

he had thought, no, had known he was going to die that night. he couldn't beat his father, he was just too big and too strong, and he couldn't win. he couldn't ever win, his father was the devil and he was a demon and when they fought, the devil was more powerful.

but he had survived.

"...lucky that she called, she really cares about you, she was a crying mess...."

so she had called the police, someone had cared enough about him to get him help and it was her, the girl he had silently sworn to protect.

she had protected him instead.

"what about our baby?" he interrupted, his dark brown eyes looking up into her blue ones, pressing his lips together seriously.

"is our baby okay?"

the doctor nodded slowly, though it was clear that something else had happened.

"your baby is alive, but...we don't know what kind of repercussions there will be if- when it is born."

if.

if it was born.

he stopped paying attention to the woman after that, caught up in only his own thoughts and what that could mean for her, for the baby, for him.

if their baby died, he would never be able to forgive himself.

Hey guys! So kind of a filler chapter, I know, but I hope you all still enjoyed!