this strange effect

30th March '1964

PAUL:

"From the top boys!" Dick announced as we took our places for the tenth time this hour. I sighed in frustration, deciding that I would most likely lose the will to live if i had to repeat the word "ZAP!" one more time.

As for John, he was loving it. He was buzzing off the complexity and pure randomness of the scene that he became completely engrossed in his role.

"I jus' can't help myself Macca." he stated as he moved around the room with a pair of scissors in his hands. "This is gonna be the funniest scene in the film by far... they told me I've got a bath scene to film later on! I'm gonna be a fucking pornstar!!"

I rolled my eyes. Maybe I wasn't that into it because I was distracted. I mean, who wouldn't be if your ex-girlfriend (who you're still kind of in love with) keeps passing by in a tight corset? Preparing for her other role in the movie.

When I recommended her to Dick, I never thought it would ever be like this. Of course I had feelings for her. Heck, when did I ever properly get over her? Only now it's much harder to contain my attraction.

London suits her well. I could watch her for hours, with her alluring, unforgettable presence that makes everyone want to stare too. My mind was going crazy, living in a predicament each time I woke up till the moment I fell asleep. 

She was all I could think about these days, even during the deepest, most intimate moments with Jane, Anna's face would pop into mind and I would spend the remaining time imagining it was her I was making love to instead. Thinking back to how good she used to feel in my single bed back home in Liverpool...

It wasn't that I didn't love Jane. Of course I do. Her red hair and blue eyes could send me into a whirl of pure desire waiting to combust from my body. She is fantastic in bed, yet with Anna it was meaningful - my time spent under the sheets with her in Liverpool made me want to profess my undying love there and then.

John looked over to me from across the room, noting the distracted look on my face. Seconds later he appeared in front of my face, threatening to cut off part of my fringe with his scissors.

"We should go out tonight; for a pint with the lads... how's about it?" he said whilst I dodged his playful cutting.

"John, it's impossible to go out for a pint of milk these days, never mind a pint of beer." I groaned before tactically grabbing the scissors and placing them safely into the prop draw.

"Besides..." I continued. "The last time we decided to go out without permission, we ended up on the front of the Daily Mail."

"Fuck the Daily Mail!" John shouted a bit too loudly, receiving disapproving tuts from the ladies nattering in the corner.

"fuck the daily mail" he repeated, whispering mockingly as he turned around to pull a face.

"What's all this riff raff about then?" George and Ringo had come over now to speculate.

"We're takin' Macca for a pint, you two comin'?" John answered without hesitation, ignoring my previous disregard towards the idea.

"Ooh yeah, go on then." George piped up.

"Sounds like a plan, mate." Ringo participated, grinning with George, ear-to-ear.

I looked between the three men in disgust. Peer pressure at it's finest. In all honesty, all I wanted to do was get back and finish off the lyrics to a tune I dreamt of the other night; it had been bugging me for days.