Chapter Fourteen

HARRY POV

I'm doing it. Going to Koral's apartment. Rightttttt now. I head to the door.

"Open it!" My conscious screams at me.

I twist the knob. Oh Jesus this is hard. I'm just not ready to face her after we fought about something so irreverent that I don't even remember what it was.

I make it to my car them down the street. I pull up on front of Meadow Lanes and walk to her door.

I stand there for what feels like hours but was merely seconds before raising my fist to her door.

I knock twice and hear nothing. No lights are on but it's only 5pm. Where is she?

I try her door only to find it locked. She must be out. I sit my rear on her steps and wait for her arrival.

Hours pass. It's 11 before I decide to head home. Getting in my black range rover, I put the key into the engine and...nothing.

It's not starting. Greattt. The boys are all clubbing tonight so there is no way one of them can pick me up.

What would she do if she found me on her couch? She must of been sleeping at a friends cause she is still not home.

I check her windows and find the one above the kitchen sink open. It's a very tight squeeze and I get stuck halfway through but make it into the kitchen.

I head to her couch and trip over some paper on the ground. It's her mail. And it's in front of the door because it obviously came through the mail slot.

It's dated back from 4 days ago. She hasn't been here. Where is she? Koral just...disappeared. I see her MacBook is on the couch and I go to move it off the couch, only to have accidentally turned it on. I am about to hit the off button But then I see the screen.

Homicide, 2002

2 adults 2 minors

Name: Dom Zoya

Age: 45

Native of Russia.

And there is a picture of whoever Dom is. Wait...was he the murderer from her childhood?

Looking at the mail still clasped in my hand I go through it. Yes, it's a felony but I can't help it.

Finally my eyes land on a valuable clue. A bill for a plane ticket to...Australia? A place called Cartier Island? Is that where she is?

I spring up from her couch and rush outside. Hopping into my rover I push the key into the engine again.

"Come on come on! Dammit!" I slam my hands against the wheel when the car doesn't start.

"Fuck this lets go." I say to myself and get out of the car.

I start sprinting to the airport which is luckily close by but super small. I rush in and pant to the person behind the counter.

"Plane...ticket...to...Cartier...Island...now" I gasp out and hold out green bills.

"Ok sure thing." She respond a politely and pulls out the ticket.

"Gate 436 sir." I don't even bother to say thank you because I am in such a rush. I sprint there check out and up to gate 436.

The lady is just about to close the door when I scream "wait wait!"

"I'm sorry sir the plane is about to takeoff." She responds.

"Please please I need to get on there!" I plead and point to my face. "I'm Harry Styles, it's an emergency."

She doesn't seem to care. "Harry who? Sir I'm sorry but it's too late."

"No, no it's not." I tell her and open the door with her following. I rush to my seat and strap myself in.

The lady is too late as the plane starts to takeoff. Whew, I made it.

_

_

_

ERIS POV

I walk up to the man who is father and smile.

"Hello." I whisper and look at the ground.

"Hello." He responds with a quiet voice. It doesn't match his hard appearance. "I'm Aeron. And you must be Eris."

Instead of responding I fling myself into his huge arms. I haven't had a real dad since I was 5. I missed it.

And it seemed like he missed me too the way he returned the hug.

"I hate to break up this love fest but Eris needs to get to work." Ash butts in and I feel a pang of annoyance. I just met my dad can't training wait a minute?

But I just break up my embrace with my father and follow Ashton to a metal door. Faint sounds come through the door and I wonder what they are.

Cocking my head to the side I am about to ask Ashton what this room is when we enter.

Upon arriving in this room I am handed earplugs, earmuffs, and safety goggles. I look up from putting that attire on to see where we are.

A gun range. I see artillery everywhere as well as buff guys.

Ashton who is wearing the protection as well asks me if I know how to shoot.

I shake my head no and I am immediately handed a small pistol.

"Here, cock this and aim at the dummy." Ashton says and directs me.

As I do something triggers (A/N see what I did there? 😏) and I deftly shoot the gun. Reloading it with bullets I aim again and again hitting the bullseye just like how I saw when I was younger.

"Wow I thought you didn't know how to shoot a handgun! Your a pro!" Ashton tells me. "Where did you learn that?" He asks.

"It's the motion I saw my family's killer do. It's been in my mind this whole time." I say. But it wasn't just in my mind, it burned a hole in it, forever sealing the picture of it there.

Ashton looks surprised. "Ok then, let's keep working."

I kept practicing and by the end of the day I could shoot the target 20 yards away.

________________________________

Small update because we didn't get 760+ reads. We got 751.

I need 790+ to

Love you all!!

-Liz