I Am Pastel

So Light
So Soft
So Calming
I Am Pastel.

☽☾

"Make way for the king!" Phil gleams as he enters the living room. A bright blue blanket was tied around his neck and a cardboard crown was on top of his head. He is so beautiful.

"What's up, King Phillip?"

"I have come to conquer your kingdom, King Daniel! You're treasure will be mine!" He held up a cardboard sword as he threw me a second one. "We shall fight to the death!"

I catch the sword and instantly stand up. This was another one of Phil's silly games he liked to play. I, of course, always played along. I could never let my little ray of sunshine down.

"Prepare to be defeated, King Phillip!"

"For the kingdom!"

We charged at each other, swords flying through the air. Phil aimed for my neck, of course, knowing it was my sensitive spot. I fell to the ground, neck scrunched up.

"I have successfully taken down the enemy!" Phil declares. I grab him by his long legs and pull him down to the floor with me.

"Not if I can help it!"

We roll around on the floor play-fighting. I latch my arms around his waist, rendering him defenseless. He squirmed in my arms.

"Nooooo! Unhand me, King Daniel!" he squealed from a fit of giggles. I couldn't help but to laugh myself.

"Never! I must defeat King Phillip if it's the last thing I do."

A ring and knock at our door interrupted our game. Phil leaped out of my grasp and onto his feet, "It's here! It's finally here!"

I followed him after he ran to the door. I turned the corner to see Phil with a box in his hands and a grin on his face. "Look! I bought some more aesthetically pleasing stuff for us!"

"More, Phil? Do we really need even more stuff?"

"You can always use more aesthetics in your life!"

Phil, as always, was right. I've been recently trying to get more into aesthetics and all things pleasing... in a non-sexual way. From my curly hair to my glittery nail polish, I finally felt more comfortable with myself. Speaking of nail polish, mine needed a new coat.

Phil moved back to the living room and started unpacking everything. Pastel colors went flying through the air as he pulled wigs, clothes, nail polish, flower crowns, and even paper from the box.

"What are we going to do with all of this stuff?" I ask, picking up a pastel green wig. "Are we going to make another video?"

"Hm? Maybe... it just good to have, either way. Plus, I thought you would like some of it! I got that jumper over there just for you!"

I look over at the pastel pink and black striped jumper on the couch. It was cute, I must admit. I instantly tried it on, "thanks, it fits, surprisingly."

"Oh, wait! The sleeves are too long," Phil lifted up my arms to examine the sleeves. My heart seemed to race.

"No, I like the sleeves long. Then it looks better when I do this-" I put my hands to the sides of my face and gave my softest smile.

"Aw! You look adorable, Dan!"

My cheeks went red. Luckily, I still had them covered up. "Thanks, Phil."