I Am Clean

So Fragrant,
So Relaxing,
So Hydrating,
I Am Clean

☽☾

Every time I went to take a shower I locked the door, that was a fact. I lock the door so that Phil doesn't walk in on me taking a shower, but I know if he hears the water running he won't come in. Besides that, he's seen me naked before— and I, him— so what does it matter? Something inside me doesn't even care if he sees me naked, so why lock the door?

Even with these thoughts, I lock the door to the bathroom before I go and take my shower. The water rolled down my back as my mind entered into deep thought, shower thoughts....

"Don't be silly, Dan. You look lovely in it."

Phil, he said that to me earlier today when we went out. I was debating wearing my new jumper I had gotten out to the town. It was entirely baby blue, and something I would never wear. Well, would have never worn.

"But what if people see me and say it's 'not my style'?"
"Dan, your style is whatever you want to wear. Whatever anyone else says doesn't matter. Just be yourself."

It's surprising how much a 30 year old British man can be that supportive. Ever since my rebranding, for myself and my channel, Phil has been by my side and supporting me all the way. That's a friendship I'd hate to lose.

"Look at that cloud, it looks like us!"
"Phil, no it doesn't."
"Yes it does, that one has a fringe, and that one has a curly fringe going the other way!"

I couldn't help but to chuckle to myself. Phil's imagination always amazed me. It was as if the child inside of him never fully grew up.

I quickly turn the water off. I had gotten so deep in my thoughts, I forgot I was standing idle in the shower. My fingers looked like raisins.

I step out shower and chased the drips of water that ran down my body with a towel. Wrapping the towel around my waist, I stare at myself in the mirror.

Look at yourself, Dan. You are good. You are perfect. You are worthy of living another day.

I smiled at myself. I had started giving myself motivational speeches each time I looked into a mirror. They say if you repeat something enough, you'll start to believe. I've been starting to believe it more and more.

"Dan! Come quick, it's an emergency!"

Phil, he was calling me from his room. Without a second thought, I ran out the bathroom, down the hall, and to Phil's doorway. I had forgotten I had a towel on. My long strides had loosened the towel and-

"Dan, I- oh..."

Phil's eyes wandered down from my eyes and to the absence of my towel.