prologue

Big Brother, a show where a number of strangers enter a house in the Gold Coast, where they are cut off from the outside world, meaning there is no cellphones, internet, nothing. Who knows how long some of them will stay for, but the winner being announced on the hundredth day.

The prize? $250,000.

The catch is that they will be constantly watched. There are cameras on every square inch of the massive house, and everyone has to wear a microphone- unless they are sleeping or swimming.

Broadcasted across all of Australia (and New Zealand), sixteen people are united in a house of only themselves and Big Brother, a man that is watching them and telling them what, or not, to do.

With only tasks and challenges to keep them occupied, there is plenty of free time, leaving only one thing to be done; cause drama.

One person every week is to go home- every housemate nominates two (occasionally more or less) people to be put up for eviction, and the Australian public text in or vote online for who they want to stay. The person with the lowest amount of votes goes home, unless it is a double elimination, meaning the two people with the lowest amount of votes go home.

People, later on in the game, can be put in the house; intruders. Intruders then become actual fully fledged housemates after a time period, usually a week.

There are twists and turns, leaving the housemates and the audience on the edge of their seats.

But this season of Big Brother, is a little different.