Once More, From Zero

Jun contemplated her next move. She'd tried going to the bar with Stella twice and had failed twice. Worse, it looked like only her first form had been immune to that gem's effects. The reasonable thing to do would have been to run away and forget about Stella and her sister. But Jun couldn't do that. She had to help, somehow.

"Hmm, I bet this form has a stealth bonus of some kind," Jun mumbled to herself. "I'll sneak into that bar with catlike tread and take out that woman before Stella even gets there! It's a perfect plan."

Jun headed off to the bar and snuck in via a hole in the roof. The woman wasn't there yet, so Jun took a seat in the rafters and waited. After a few hours, the woman arrived with her box in tow. The woman took a seat at the bar and ordered something to drink. Shortly, afterwards, Stella walked in. Had Jun really been holding her back that much so that she arrived so early without him?

Stella and the woman started talking.

"Give me back my sister," Stella demanded.

"Payment first," said the woman.

Stella held out a hand and prepared to cast a spell. The woman's hand went to her sword. Jun drew an arrow and fired at the woman's head. The woman bent backwards to avoid the arrow, but it hit the chain of her necklace, severing it and the gemstone with it.

Wind burst forth from Stella's hand, blowing the woman into the bar. She flipped over the bar and crashed into the shelf of booze behind it. The woman got up and glared at Jun, she leapt up onto the rafters and prepared to cut Jun in half, but Jun quickly leapt to the ground, avoiding the blow.

"Who are you?" Stella asked.

"A friend!" Jun declared as she drew her twin daggers. "I'll explain later. For now, let's work together to kill this crazy woman!"

Stella nodded.

Jun sensed danger behind her and whirled around with her daggers in an X shape in front of her. The daggers blocked the woman's katana at the last second. A bolt of golden light shot through the woman's shoulder, giving Jun an opening to disembowel the woman with her daggers. But the woman, wasn't dead yet, she swung her sword down at Jun. Jun rolled out of the way, then Stella launched a gust of wind, blowing the woman into the wall. The woman stood once more, face filled with rage, and prepared her sword.

"Secret Technique: Shadow Sword," the woman said.

Then, suddenly, Jun's stomach was cut open. Jun fell to the ground. The woman ran at Stella, who blocked the attacks with a magical barrier, but she was having trouble keeping up.

"Somebody, please..." Jun croaked out, then she summoned her willpower to shout. "Help!"

Suddenly, the front wall was broken down, and a man was clashing swords with the woman. He was a typical bishounen, with smooth features and longish black hair. Jun didn't even see the man move, but suddenly, the crazy woman was in two halves on the floor.

"Woah, I guess I'm still at level one..." Jun mumbled to herself.

"Quit mumbling," Stella commanded. "I'll heal you."

Her hands glowed with a golden light and Jun felt her wounds slowly heal.

"Thank you," said Jun.

"Don't thank me yet."

Stella produced the green gemstone from the woman's necklace and waved it in front of Jun's face.

Jun instantly fixated on it.

"Stand, and tell me your name," Stella commanded.

Jun obeyed.

"Jun Sakata," she said.

"How did you know about all this?" Stella asked.

"I--" Jun said, before being stopped by a shooting chest pain.

"I'll take you back to my castle for further questioning," Stella said, then she turned to the bishounen and bowed. "Thank you for your help, Sir Yurte. We are in your debt."

"Don't mention it," said the newly identified Yurte. "Just doing my job."

"Ah, but you're off duty today."

Yurte simply turned and walked away.

"Okay, follow me," Stella said to Jun.

"Okay," said Jun.