Are We Rivals?

It was a catastrophe, it was a disaster, it was a calamity, it was a tragedy, it was every single word that meant trouble in the dictionary, Law was desperately seeking for some kind of sign, this all had to be a terrible mistake, he must have made a miscalculation somewhere, this just couldn't be right, there was no common sense.

But even to himself that sounded weak, he knew he never made mistakes, especially in a serious situation like this, the raven must have redone the data over and over in his mind at least fourty times now, but he still came out with the same outcome.

How could this happen? How could he let himself slip like this!? To find himself wanting to commit something so..so fucking taboo among pirates, to let himself fall from grace like a tainted angel? He knew it was stupid to say so, but he blamed it all on that arrogant bastard.

Eustass Kidd.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Law smiled at the sight of a familiar ratty and red pirate ship and felt an almost fluttery rush of adrenaline rocket through his stomach and across his entire frame, oh fucking hell yes, it was Kidd's hudge pudge of a pathetic, barely working ship, the surgeon was positively aching to have another round with the ever so amusing brute.

Ever since that last time with the freaking dinosaurs interfering in their match, Law was all set to show him who would've won that match if it wasn't for that stupid pterodactyl swooping out of nowhere and flying off with his hat, dumb reptilian bird creature, he should have dissected it when he had the chance.

Giving a discreet order to Bepo, he had the crew speed up the sub towards the garbage ship and prepare for a battle with an excited gleam in his silver eyes, it has been way too long since they've last met, and it seemed like Kidd was as equally as eager to start the fight when his ship almost immediately made a u-turn- exactly when their bright, yellow submarine made it into their line of sight, the battle was about to begin.

Kidd flashed Law a wide, cocky grin similar to Luffy's that made an electrical shiver go up his spine, oh how he missed seeing that brutish smile...so he can just wipe it off his face with a smart comment a moment after that is.

"Trafalgar, good to see you again, hope you're ready to get your ass kicked" instead of taking the obvious bait, Law only chuckled in amusement at his high feeling of excitement, "will it be my ass kicked Kidd? Because I'm feeling especially lucky today" Law nearly froze in place from the chill that went down his neck.

Wow that was unexpected, he had no idea what possessed him to call the other by his first name, but he ignored it for the time being, he had to focus all his attention on the other man in case he tried some kind of new tactic, and just like he thought the other would, he launched right at him and initiated the fight to begin with a loud roar of determination.

It was brutal- as usual, both Law and Kidd always wanted to take the other down without having an unfair advantage whatsoever, so the two actually had an unspoken rule to never use weapons in their scraps, all cannons, guns and blades were cast to the side, and both crews including their captains fought with only their fists and their might.

Though the redhead packed much more power in his punches with his big, muscular arm and the metal one alike when compared to Law's thin twigs, but the surgeon made up for the lack of strength with his natural speed, finesse and light footsteps, like a feline hunter, Law kept on his toes and bounded away from his violent swings before springing back forward with a few swift punches that either struck him at a vital area, or missed due to how little time he had to strike before Kidd swung again.