Chapter2.

Shattered, that how I feel. I couldn’t hear my heartbeat anymore. It was empty. I was empty. It has passed only two weeks and I still can’t move on. Hell I never will. It feels like the most important part of your soul has been taken away from you without even you noticing. And that emptiness will last with you forever. Humans are like glass; we break and don’t get fixed. It’s just the way we are. We hope, we love, we break, we cry, we fake a smile and the circle keeps on going.

“Sweethearts, wake up, you should go to school.” said Lola’s mother.

Since I was still seventeen, my best friend’s parents accepted to adopt me. It wasn’t hard for me to sink in since I always thought of them as my parents.

I felt Lola groan next to me and feel a pillow on my head.

“What an elegant way to say hello”, I said, sarcastically.

“Well at least you woke up.” she laughed.

I know she still can feel the pain behind my eyes, and I know how hard she tries to support me and make me laugh and that is one of the major causes why I don’t break. I need to be strong enough, for people who still care about me… For her, for my new parents, I need to smile, and I need to take my revenge. It is the only way I can get free from my chains.

As I entered the high school, everyone was looking at me. I managed to smile even though I could feel my heart screaming. Lola accompanied me to the class and hugged me so tight.  

“I’m here for you, always.” She whispered.

I just smiled at her and entered the class.

As always I took the last table near the window, so I can look at the beautiful yard, and dream about how my life could possibly be if nothing of that happened.

The class got fuller and fuller but my heart didn’t feel anything but emptiness. I could see people talking to me, but I couldn’t manage what they really said. I just smiled at them.

I was day dreaming, staring at the garden, the bright sun on the clear sky, the beautiful opened flowers. How ironic nature could be. Describing the totally opposite of what I felt right now. I was so dived into my own dark thoughts that I didn’t feel the boy who was sitting next to me until he talked.

“What are you thinking about?” said a deep masculine voice.

I looked at him, surprised. No one actually had asked me what am I thinking of. They just ask “How are you?” “Are you fine?”like they cared, when they actually don’t give a damn.

I detached my eyes from the beautiful landscape in front of me just to see the beautiful boy next to me. He has a beautiful caramel hair, light eyes and an amazing smile. If I wasn’t feeling that much pain on my chest I would have talked to him and told him everything about me. However, life is evil…

I just smiled at him. I think that is the only think I could possibly do, because if I started talking about the sorrow I am feeling, I will end up crying. And I want to look strong. I don’t want to cry.

“I am Justin by the way.”

“Erm, okay?” I answered, not sure of what I’m supposed to say.

He laughed and I followed him. Maybe we laughed a little higher than we intended to since that everyone turned to look at us.

I felt warm for the first time in two weeks, not relieved that’s for sure, but I finally could forget a little about my pain. And it felt good, very good.

 -

A.N: Please, if you like the story, share it with your friends and vote. Thank you.

Love.xoxo