Chapter 7: Preparations

The next day flew by quicker than I thought. Finn and Jack received their chore lists and struggled through most of them. We had so much fun cutting up and trying to get the chores done before we had to leave for the Summer Hoedown. All three of us were itching, ready to go.

"I'm so excited for tonight!" Jack said as he washed the dishes in the sink. "You've said that 23 times today. We get it." Finn said, making me laugh as us two began to fold clothes. "I'm sorry, I'm just really excited, and you know how I am when I'm excited." Jack said, bubbling with energy. "So, Morgan. Red plaid or blue plaid?" Finn asked, holding up some of his shirts. Hum.... What would look good on a hot British boy who has probably never been to a Southern party? Aha! "How about....." I said as I began to run to Josh's old room. I began to search in the drawers of clothes too small for him. Here it is. "...black and grey plaid?" I asked, holding the button up out. "Yeah." Finn said. "It was Josh's, but he out grew it. I think it might fit you." I said, handing the shirt to him. "Thank you." He said as our fingers touched.

"We're home!" I heard Mom say from the front door. "Sissy! Look at the picture I drew at daycare. It's of Missy." Josie said as she raced in with a piece of paper in hand. She lifted it up so I could see the messy drawing of her horse. "That looks great Josie." I said as I continued folding. "Look Finn, look Jack." Josie said, pulling away from me. "That looks great, Josie." Finn said, looking at the picture, then looking at me and winking. "I bet you'll become a great artist when you grow up." Jack said, squatting down to Josie's level. "I'm guessing you three are going to the Summer Hoedown. You're doing the laundry early." Mom said as she came in. "Yes ma'am." Finn said. "So many people have been bugging me about it, then Kennedy sent the package. Brooke insisted that she come over and do my hair and makeup." I said as I finished folding my stack of clothes. Just then, a loud knock came from the front door. "Here she is." I said, going to the door. As I opened the door, an excited Brooke with a silver box of makeup pushed through the door. "I brought my kit. Let's get this face started." Brooke said as she entered, making me laugh. What did I get myself into? As we got to the kitchen, Brooke stopped in her tracks. 

"There's two of him!" she said, surprised as she looked at Finn and Jack. "What? Have you never seen twins before?" I asked her, making them laugh. "I'm sorry, I didn't think you could copy and paste that kind of hotness." Brooke said. "This is Jack and Finn Harries." I said, laughing a little at her comment. "Nice to meet you." Jack cheerfully said. "Ooh! And they're British." Brooke said. "And you can gawk at them all you want tonight at the Hoedown." I said, trying to push her up to my room. "They're coming?! Look at you, Morgan, inviting hot British people." She said, nudging me. "Whatever. We only have a few hours until we absolutely have to leave to make it there on time." I said, pushing at her. "Great! Let's get this party started!" Brooke said, pulling me. I looked back just in time to see Finn with a gorgeous smile.

~~~~~~~~~~

Finn's POV

"Get out of the bathroom, Finn! I have to get ready as well." I heard Jack say on the other side of the door. I finished brushing my teeth to answer him. "You can wait just a little bit longer, can't you?" I yelled, getting annoyed with him. "Well, hurry up!" he shouted back. I looked in the mirror. Plaid, check. Jeans, check. Minty fresh breath, check. Good hair, hopefully it looks fine. Cologne..... I rummaged through my bathroom bag and found my cologne. *sprits sprits* Check. "FINN!" Jack yelled. "What!!" I yelled, opening the door. "You're done." Jack said, forcefully pulling me out of the bathroom. "Rude." I said through the door, yelling loud enough that he could hear me. I walked by to our room and slipped on my shoes. Now I'm set. "Mom, have you seen my guitar?" I heard Morgan shout from the hallway. Maybe if I go to the doorway, I can see her makeover. I got up from my bed and went to the open doorway and looked into the hallway to be blown away.

She was wearing a black and purple plaid button up shirt, loosely tucked into her new pair of high waisted jean shorts. Her chocolaty brown hair fell around her upper half in soft curls. Her hazel eyes and kissable lips (Kissable lip? Finn? What are you doing?) were accented by the beautiful makeup on her face. She carried her pair of black with purple and gold doodles high top converse in hand as she walked in the hallway. "It's down stairs on the couch, Morgan." Mrs. Jenny shouted back. "Ok, thank you." Morgan shouted before crossing in front of me to go to the stairs. But then, as she crossed me, she stopped in her tracks and walked backward to me. Morgan to a deep breath in. "New cologne?" she asked. "Yeah, sort of." I replied. "Smells good." She shortly said. Morgan looked at me outfit, hopefully I look fine. "Keep the shirt, it suits you." She said before going down the stairs.

 I followed her down the stairs, into the living room where her guitar was waiting on the couch. "Ok, let me put my shoes on, and I'll be ready." Morgan said. I then heard set of footsteps come down the stairs behind us. "I'm leaving. See you there?" Brooke said with her things in hand. "Yep." Morgan answered. "Don't take too long, yeah?" Brooke said, making Morgan laugh. Brooke took a step towards her. "Ugh, you are so pretty. I did a great job. Bye." She said before she went out the door. Just as Brooke left, I stood behind Morgan. "I agree with her." I whispered before turning and heading back up the stairs. There, I ran into Jack. "Are we ready?" Jack asked. "Took you long enough." I said. Jack then stuck his tongue out at me. Childish. "Are we ready to go, twins?" Morgan asked from down stairs. "Yes we are...woah." Jack began, stopping abruptly when he saw Morgan. "Wow, Morgan...You look amazing." He stuttered out. I felt a pang in my stomach; I didn't like Jack complementing her for some reason. I poked him in the side, making him bend to the side. "Stop!" he shouted. "Keys, Morgan." Mrs. Jenny said, throwing them to her. Morgan caught them and picked up her guitar. "Ok, bye Mom." Morgan said, heading to the door. "Bye, kids. Have fun, be safe, don't do anything illegal. Be home by 11, please." Mrs. Jenny said. "Will do." Jack said as Morgan opened the door to go outside.

We made our way to the truck parked on the gravel drive. "Shot gun." I said, quickly beginning to run to the truck. "Not fair." Jack said before following me. I made my way to the left side of the truck, grabbing the handle before Jack could. "Mate, not fair." Jack argued. "You're just not fast enough." I grinned. "Um, British twins. You're not in London anymore." Morgan said, standing next to us. I looked in to see the steering wheel on the left side. Damn it, Americans, always driving on the wrong side of the road and putting your steering wheels in the wrong places. I think I realized what Morgan meant before Jack did, so I shot to the other side of the truck, to the actual passenger seat. "What?" Jack said, confused, holding the driver's side handle. "Driver's on the left." Morgan said after she put her guitar in the back. "Oh...so not fair." Jack said, making me laugh. We all got in and began to drive to the café and the party.