CHAPTER ONE

"Just pull the trigger, Noah!"

Noah turned his head to Maya. In front of him was a skitter, laying on the cold and wet ground. The skitter was injured. "Noah!" Tala yelled. Noah turned his head back to the skitter and closed his eyes, ready to pull the trigger before a gun shot was heard. Noah immediately opened his eyes. The skitter in front of him was dead. "Next time, just pull the trigger." Maya said and patted Noah's shoulder before turning around and walked back to Tobias. He was injured, thanks to the skitters. Noah watched Maya walking away. "It's okay Noah.." Tala assured Noah before the two followed Maya to Tobias. Rain drops started to fall from the sky. Tobias groaned, watching his blood drip down his arm. His jacket laying on the muddy ground. Tala kneeled down next to Tobias and grabbed his arm, looking at it. Maya opened her backpack and handed Tala some bandage. Tala wrapped it around Tobias' arm. Noah watched them in silence. "We're in skitter territory. We have to find a hiding spot for now, so we can rest." Maya said as the other three nodded. "And what about tomorrow?" Noah asked as Tobias clenched his jaw because of the pain. Maya looked at him, a small smirk appearing on her face.
"Tomorrow, we're going to burn some aliens."

The next morning, the four of them woke up early

The next morning, the four of them woke up early. They slept in an old cinema for the night. Tobias was still in pain. The four of them peeked out of the dirty window. "Do you have it?" Noah whispered as Maya nodded. "You two, stay behind that red car, Noah and I will deal with the bombs. If any skitter comes near you, just shoot" Maya told Tala and Tobias as they both nodded their heads. "Let's go." Noah said and pushed the door opened. Tala and Tobias sprinted to the red car as they kneeled down. Tala loaded her gun as she looked at Tobias and gave him a nod. Tobias his shoulder was still hurting pretty badly and there was no way he would be able to hold a gun. Maya and Noah kneeled down behind a car, closer to the skitters who were marching around. Maya opened her backpack and handed Noah one small bomb. Maya then gave Noah a nod as the two split up, both going to a different car – Maya going right and Noah going left. Both of them picked a car, really close to the skitters. Maya placed her bomb underneath the car as Noah placed his bomb on the car wheel. Maya and Noah slowly stood up. They started to run, getting the skitters' attention. It took a few seconds before the skitters followed them in a fast pace. Tala stood up as she pulled the trigger a couple of times, killing a few. Maya quickly grabbed her backpack. Tala pulled up Tobias as the four of them started to run. "NOW!" Maya yelled as Tobias pressed a button on a device that Noah and Maya built together. A loud explosion was heard. They all quickly hid behind a building, out of breath. Together they watched the skitters burn.
They survived once again.