Laughing Jack

~I tried to stay up as long as I could but after a few hours,I felt myself drifting off. My baby would be safe that night and I needed some sleep. Just as I lay my head down on the pillow,I heard a soft noise coming from the baby monitor. At first t sounded like interference,like the kind a radio would make. Then it turned into a soft moan. Was James asleep? Then I heard it. The laugh from my night mare. I grabbed the knife from under my pillow and rushed into James' room and creeped the door open. I tried a step in and I could feel the warm,thick liquid on my feet. Suddenly James' night-light came on and I could see the horror layer out in front of me. James' body was nailed up on the wall the nails pierced through his hands and feet and his chest was cut wide open and his organs were hanging to the floor. His eyes and tongue have been removed along with most of his teeth. I was disgusted. I could hardly believe that this was my baby boy.

I heard it again. That soft moan. James was still alive! My baby,my poor boy! I ran across the room, I vomited on the floor. I heard a loud chuckle behind me. I spun around but then,out of the shadows emerged the fiend responsible for all this. Laughing Jack. He had pure white skin,black hair that hung down to his shoulder. He had piercing white eyes with black rings. His twisted smile revealed sharp teeth. His skin didn't look like skin at all! Almost looked like rubber. He wore a patchy black and white out fit with striped sleeves and socks. His long arms hung down from his chest. He let out a sickening laugh to let me know that he was pleased. I turned around slowly as James began to laugh. That was enough! "Get away from him,you bastard!" I rushed at the monster raises the knife above my head and stabbed down at him. But as soon as the knife touched him,he disappeared with a black smoke. The knife passed right through him and pierced James' still beating heart,splashing the warm blood on my face.

No! What've I done? My baby! I've killed my baby. I fell quickly to my knees. I could hear sirens in the distance,getting louder. "My sweet baby. I promised daddy would protect you but...I failed. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry,James!"

Police soon arrived and I was placed in a house for the criminally insane. I have been there for the past two months. It's not bad here. The only reason why I'm awake now is because someone is playing Pop Goes The Weasel outside my window.

*Thanks for reading!! :)**