Laughing Jack

~I was woken by a loud bang coming from the kitchen. I sprung out of bed and ran down the stairs. I was horrified. Everything on the counter has been thrown to the floor. Our dog,Fido,hung dead. His stomach was cut open and stuffed with candy,the same type that James was eating earlier. Suddenly I heard a sharp scream coming from James' room. I quickly grabbed a knife from the drawer and ran upstairs. I burst through the door and flicked on the lights. Every thing in the room was knocked over or tossed on the floor and my poor son was in bed,crying and shaking with fear. I scooped up my child and ran out of the house. We went next door to Thomas and Linda's house and luckily,there were still awake. They let me used the phone to call the police. It didn't take them long to arrive and I explained what happened. They looked at my like I was crazy. They searched the house but all they found was a dead dog and two trashed rooms. Whatever was in my house didn't come from the outside.

The next day James stayed inside. I didn't want him to leave my sight. I went into the garage,found my old baby monitor and put it in his room. If anything comes into his room tonight,I was going to be able to hear it. I went into the kitchen,grabbed the largest knife in the drawer and put it on my night stand. Imaginary friend or not,I'm not letting anything hurt my little boy. Soon enough,night came, I put James to bed. He was afraid but I promised him that nothing would happen to him. I tucked him in,gave him a kiss,turned on his night-light and before closing the door,I whisper to him "Good night James. I love you."