Chapter 1- Life Begins

~ 2 Days Later ~

Sahara had woken up in a dark cave -but thankfully laying on a nice big patch of soft grass- with many passages and rooms, with tricks around every corner, the whole setup of the place making her dizzy. She had tried to escape once, but had been found by one of Scar's dogs and escorted back, not trying again knowing of her failure.

But it was today, two days after the raging fire, the ambush, the death of her beloved mate, and her capture, that she finally had her pups.

Four beautiful puppies. Three girls, and one male.

The first born was a Black and white female with almost stripy looking end patterns, black paws, and no dark muzzle, whom she named Tamiko.

The second born was a Black and light tan female, with no black paws, a unique black stripe coming down her forehead connecting to her muzzle, with stripes leading away and either sides of her cheeks whom she had decided to name Soruji.

The third pup was an all black male... Not a spec of white anywhere on him.

"Morenu... He looks just like you.." Sahara thought. In fear of Scar killing hi mover the name she might pick, she decided to name him Loki. The name of Morenu's brother, and her best friend.

And by this time, Sahara began to worry. Three pups, and none born lucky enough to have the marking of the Diving Hawk. Were none of her first-litter pups born with strong enough genes to have the trait passed down..?

But it was then that one more pup decided to emerge into life.

Another little girl. Black and tan and.... Born with the marking of the Diving Hawk... Sahara was overjoyed. She began to cry in happiness over the birth of another powerful dog. And she was the mother.. Sahara took a moment to really think of a name for her little girl.

"I think..... Dakota... Friend, helper. That's who you are, and who you'll be. The future depends on you young one..." Sahara smiles, bringing all her pups close to her to clean them and let them nurse.

A couple hours pass by and Sahara's pups are all nice and dry, warm, fed and sleeping in a tight ball beside her as she lovingly watches over them.

Within the next few minutes, Scar walks through the cave entrance, now guarded by two of his guard dogs.

"Why are you here..." Sahara growls, moving over her pups to protect them. Scar simply smiles, sitting a couple feet from her.

"Sahara, I am not going to hurt your pups. I want to see them grow and flourish just as much as you do. Maybe more." Sahara growls, "Liar.. All you want to do is brutally train them, and make them your hell hounds here... I won't allow you to do that..."

Scar chuckles, giving Sahara one of his more 'friendly' smiles. "Oh you, you're such a silly lady, you know that? Hehe.. Boys? Come on in here please." He says, awaiting the two guards to walk in and stand beside him.

"I need you to stay here and.. Guard her pups, alright? And Sahara, darling, would you come with me please?"

Sahara begins to growl, scowling at Scar. "They are only a couple hours old, I simply can't leave them here by themselves yet." Scar chuckles again, looking at Sahara with another one of his many fake friendly faces. "Sahara, my guard will look after them, don't worry..." He says, then motioning  the dog to his left, a golden lab, to move towards her. Slightly growling, he makes her get up.

"Good girl Sahara, now, follow me please..." Scar says, leading the way out of the cave.

"Ugh... So, where are we exactly...?" Sahara asks, curious.

"You don't know dear? We are underground! My family generation dug out this entire underground hollow. When I came around, I simply added onto it. I've lived here for... Who knows how long, really.. Do you like it?"

"Not really..." Sahara says under her breath. Her head low, following the devil.

A few confusing turns later, and they appear in another cave, two other dogs awaiting their arrival.

"What are we doing he-" Sahara begins, but is cut off as the two awaiting dogs grab her neck and shove her to the ground.

"What the hell?!" Sahara growls, trying to yank herself free of the dogs grip, but with no use. Scar stands behind her.

"Sahara, you see... I have always loved you.. More than Morenu, really."

"Lies!" She growls again.

"No, really.. When I first laid eyes on you back at the dog fights, I wanted to escape with you, leave Morenu there to suffer instead like I did... But you loved him over me, and chose to leave with him.. Neither of you even thinking about taking me with you... But when I found my chance, I left, and pursued you. And after three damn years.. I finally found you at the fire, had Morenu killed, and took you for myself."

"Why?! You know I'll never love you like I did Morenu! And when I gain my strength back, I AM going to kill you, you bastard!" Sahara lets out a deep, threatening growl. Scar only shrugs it off.

"Yes, of course you never will.. But it doesn't really matter to me anymore.. All I really care about now, is making sure that I have at least one pup with you that  carries either of our marks, and has the power to destroy thousands of packs, including those pesky wolves... If it takes a thousand tries, I'll try a thousand times, to get that pup Sahara... I will!" Scar growls, taking advantage of her.

Sahara yelps, and begins to cry.. Closing her eyes, waiting for it to pass...

In only a couple minutes, Sahara is back in the cave with her pups, nuzzling them, crying..

"My precious babies..  I have failed you... Please, do not fail me. When you have grown big and strong, please, do not take after me. Be stronger, more powerful than I... Please.. The world and future depends on you now.. Please... please"

Sahara closes her eyes, hoping to get to sleep quickly, ready to escape the nightmare she's living...